Dallas is a Paper Tiger

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
They need to bring Natalie Gauvreau back to sit behind the Vegas bench.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
im not ready to write them off. they drew the toughest 1st round matchup in the playoffs. if they were an eastern team they would waltz right into the cup finals.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I will say that Dallas' in arena fans seem to root against the refs as much as they root for their own team.

As for the team, their most talented players are young. I really would like to see them get a new captain. I think Jamie Benn is absolute trash, and I wonder what the culture is there with him as the leader.

Also DeBoer may be one of the most overrated coaches ever. He is great at getting you to the playoffs and terrible once you get there.

So I think if they get rid of Benn and DeBoer, they could be scary good.

My hot take.
100% agree.

Reactions: VivaLasVegas

beardawg

Feb 12, 2015
Washington, DC
They're a good team anchored by a bunch of veteran talent that has like 1000 combined payoff games with only 1 Stanley Cup ring to show for it. I just don't think they have "it"

Reactions: Summer Rose

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
if they were an eastern team they would waltz right into the cup finals.

????
giphy.gif

bigbadbruins1

Dec 12, 2008
I mean, they are going against the former stanley cup champs, whom just miraculously had Stone and Peitrangelo recover from injuries just in time for the playoffs but luckily there is no cap anymore...while adding Hertl and Hannafin.

Reactions: Nihiliste

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Adding Hertl especially put the Knights over the top. I am surprised that they would gel this fast. I figured the Stars could get an early lead before that happened.

I suppose if Vegas wins, Dallas can be judged by how the Knights do against the next opponent

Pete Taylor

Dec 11, 2017
Poor Take, Buch. I would take Heiskanen over fox, too.

If the stars got a muffin like the Caps, it would very easily be 2-0 stars. Dallas is definitely not a paper tiger, strong team across the board, sometimes you just draw into the defending champs who are undoubtedly better built than they were last year.

The make or break of this series for Dallas had to deal more if Vegas could find their game or not rather than their play. The Stars are incredibly unlucky that Hertl and Hanifin have fit in so well and Stone is already himself and has found immediate chemistry with Hertl. I don't think Dallas has played terrible. I just think they are being suffocated by a better team.

Forget the whole cap debate, that subject has been beat down enough. I think what is more unbelievable is all the teams were so willing to bend over with Vegas's salary retention demands. Mantha, Hanifin, and Hertl were all retained for a large percentage relative to their contract. If ONE of those teams refused the retention ask, Vegas would have been out on Hertl and/or Hanifin.
'immeadiate chemistry' We all know that they have been practicing full contact with Hertl right after the trade, not shocked to see them gel.

Jayevs

Formerly avsman
Jul 29, 2010
Dallas won the western conference with the 100mil team as their reward.

archangel2

May 19, 2019
They are the hipster team right now because of their drafting and that they are an NHL Southern market and that they have a lot of good players without a big hole in their team.

But they aren't a team that scares you. They don't have any of the NHL's true elite players. Heiskanen might the closest they have, but lets face it most people aren't picking him over Makar, Fox, Hedman, Hughes. Robertson and Hintz are players that often get a reputation as underrated offensive players around the league, but they aren't even facing up to Stone and Eichel, let alone what a potential matchup with McDrai would like like. Oettinger has had a mediocre year and right now isn't the player he's known as.

Their young players are good, but not ready to carry them yet and they aren't like Bedard level guys either.
By putting stone on the LTIR the Knights where able to add Mantha, Henifin and Hertl. And just like that they are 100% healthy and all players are playing to their full capacity.. the oilers and islanders would struggle against this team

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
Poor Take, Buch. I would take Heiskanen over fox, too.

If the stars got a muffin like the Caps, it would very easily be 2-0 stars. Dallas is definitely not a paper tiger, strong team across the board, sometimes you just draw into the defending champs who are undoubtedly better built than they were last year.

'immeadiate chemistry' We all know that they have been practicing full contact with Hertl right after the trade, not shocked to see them gel.
The you would also be wrong.

Career to date, Heiskanen is MILES behind Fox in points, CF%, CFrel%, and Norris votes. There is no valid argukent for Heiskanen over Fox beyond “because i said so.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad