Player Discussion Dale Weise

Status
Not open for further replies.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Winnipeg among others are supposedly interested, maybe a 4th? Has played well since his call up even if his production stopped.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Getting even a 4th for him is something.

He doesnt mske my top 12 when Drouin and Byron are back, so better to make that deal quickly.

I'd turn around and use that 4th on Galchenyuk and see what Drouin-Domi-Galchenyuk can do as a 3rd line.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
He doesnt mske my top 12 when Drouin and Byron are back, so better to make that deal quickly.

I'd turn around and use that 4th on Galchenyuk and see what Drouin-Domi-Galchenyuk can do as a 3rd line.
What's it with you and Galchenyuk? He is done, stick a fork in him. The chance of his turning his career around are slim, especially coming to a team with Julien as coach, you know the guy that goes not like lazy players that don't follow his orders.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
What's it with you and Galchenyuk? He is done, stick a fork in him. The chance of his turning his career around are slim, especially coming to a team with Julien as coach, you know the guy that goes not like lazy players that don't follow his orders.

I know, I know Kovalchuk is done, Duclair has an attitude, Radulov isn't a good teammate, Perron has had too many concussions, yada, yada, yada...

Reactions: Redux91

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I know, I know Kovalchuk is done, Duclair has an attitude, Radulov isn't a good teammate, Perron has had too many concussions, yada, yada, yada...

Do you seriously think Julien will play him on the top 2 lines which is what he would need to have a chance to succeed? I use to have high hope for the guy but the team screwed his development and he didn't help himself.

Personally never heard anyone say Duclair has an attitude or Radulov isn't a good teammate. Perron has had a lot of concussions and ya never know if the next one might be the one that forces him to call it quits.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Do you seriously think Julien will play him on the top 2 lines which is what he would need to have a chance to succeed? I use to have high hope for the guy but the team screwed his development and he didn't help himself.

Personally never heard anyone say Duclair has an attitude or Radulov isn't a good teammate. Perron has had a lot of concussions and ya never know if the next one might be the one that forces him to call it quits.

One of the reasons we got Radulov when he came back from the KHL is many teams didn't want to touch him with a 10 foot pole...Yes, Patrick Roy, his coach in Quebec didn't like his attitude. Tortorella said either he doesn't listen or he's too dense to get my instructions...

I agree that Julien and MB almost certainly wouldn't pick him up. This is one of those where I'm suggesting I'd do it, even though I know management almost certainly won't. And, I'd try him on the 3rd line. The top 2 lines are great now. But Drouin and Domi need a right winger. Lehkonen and Byron have tried that role many times with them and failed. I don't think we have much to lose by trying Galchenyuk over Cousins. I'd also like to see Evans and Poehling get a shot. But I'd first give Galclhenyuk a shot, given he's available for free and given Evans and Poehling have plenty of development time ahead.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I would rather keep Weise if Laval gets in playoffs. He is good in dressing room. A deep playoff run be good for kids in Laval We won't get much for him in a trade.
Chu-Rien has other ideas, same as last year, when he totally failed. Thompson, Weise and Weal are his meal ticket, and add Cousins too this year.

Barf!

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Thought Bergevin might showcase Weise leading up to the trade deadline - am I delusional in thinking we can flip him for a late pick?

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Thought Bergevin might showcase Weise leading up to the trade deadline - am I delusional in thinking we can flip him for a late pick?
Maybe. Seeing as he has put roots down in Montreal, I can see him signing a two way deal next season. At some point, if he accepts he is no longer an NHler, he can be a great leader in Laval.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

I think you might be able to. He's a Manitoba guy, I think, so if the jets are actually interested, it could happen.

I mean, if Winnipeg is truly looking for a dime-a-dozen depth addition, you have to think that the hometown guy gets the priority, everything else being equal.

Reactions: Fixxer

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Dale Weise: Sportsnet 650’s Reach Deep show

“It puts me in a weird spot, for sure. I’ve looked at other options, maybe going to Europe next year. But does this disrupt that? How long does the season go? (When) does the season over there start? It’s thrown a lot of things for a loop.”

“I think we need to have playoffs and award a Stanley Cup. I agree with that. But I think it really has a lot of positives and negatives.”

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2020-5-31_15-29-21.png

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Dale Weise’s leadership stood out in brief AHL stay

“Weise get over the hump and embrace being a leader to younger players. He has been praised because of his attitude and efforts while playing with the Rocket. The forward even served as a guide for young players like Josh Brook in the locker room. Weise even sought to stick up for teammates (like Kinkaid, who didn’t have the greatest year in Laval).”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad