Confirmed with Link: DAL trades Chiasson/Guptill/Paul/2nd R to OTT for Spezza/L Karlsson

aisforaaron83

May 24, 2008
I think you have to give a victory to Nill again. Chiasson is a good prospect/player. Guptill has a good amount of skill, but is a head case. Paul was a nice surprise and may have overachieved this year. I wish we didnt have to throw in the 2nd in 2015, but we got Spezza and did not have to give up ANY top prospects. Again, Nill drives the bus and I am more than happy to ride. Best of luck to the boys we gave up. Spezza.... welcome. now sign an extension.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
So I guess that means Karlsson-Dowling-Ritchie for Texas?

Karlsson doesn't seem like a first line AHL player yet. He's 23 and he was in the AHL nearly the entire year.

He may turn into something decent, but this seems like a move to balance contracts (50 contract limit).

This was a 2 contract swap.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman

For one year of Spezza, that is a fair return. Chiasson potential long-term 2L F for many years. 2-3 other solid (not great) young assets.

In Pronman I trust too ... I guess I need to stop worrying about extension.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
You guys just robbed the Sens.
Spezza is a top offensive talent in the league. You'll enjoy him.

Noodletoro

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Worth, TX
Well we didn't really give up anything that wasn't expendable. Still a lot if he doesn't re-sign and its just for one year. That said you don't get better if you aren't willing to take risks like that.

BUCKLE UP

MVPTP
Nov 30, 2009
Ottawa
Congratulations! I'm thrilled my favourite west team got Spezza. He's an incredible player and I hope you guys treat him right.

MetalGodAOD*

Great deal. I'm sad to lose Toaster and obviously worried about re-signing as well, but this has the potential to be a steal.

ginblossoms

Apr 1, 2002
Visit site
spezza... legit #1 center playing as a 2c... ideal center to contrast the more frenetic style of seguin... it's like modano and nieuwendyk all over again... except chiasson won't turn into an iginla.

to me, spezza and thornton are similar players except spezza shoots more and thornton passes more. spezza wants to be here more than thornton would have. spezza is younger. if the 1-yr extension is true, then assuming everything goes according to hoyle around these parts, that's enough time for spezza to be convinced to stick around.

Primetimey*

This is so amazing, we gave up Chiasson + 2nd for SPEZZA! Honestly, Guptill with his college antics and Paul is meh.

Such a happy man.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
I like how some of these people on twitter are saying such high things about Guptill. From what we've seen so far, it just is a huge pain having to deal with him and his antics (and consistency).

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Oh man, even if Karlsson is onyl a bottom 6 guy for Texas I don't care now that Dallas has Spezza.

This also frees up a wing spot for one of the kids unless Nill pulls more magic and grabs like Ignila or something.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
They say it's impossible to trade for a 1st line centre in the NHL. Your GM just did it twice in one year.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
I like how some of these people on twitter are saying such high things about Guptill. From what we've seen so far, it just is a huge pain having to deal with him and his antics (and consistency).

I maayyy have heard that Guptill was one of the few sober ones during the Calder Cup party......and not because he doesn't drink.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad