Confirmed Signing with Link: [DAL] Stars re-sign Julius Honka (1 year, $700k, two-way)

ijuka

May 14, 2016
This guy's a perfect example of a player who has all the tools but no toolbox, and what a detriment that is to his performance.

Reactions: Morrison and hn777

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Probably realized how there's a Finnish uprising going on in Dallas right now, with Lindell, Heiskanen, Hintz and Kiviranta, and he felt left out. :laugh:

Or maybe he feels he's got a better chance of cracking the roster with Bowness in charge?

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

serp

Jan 17, 2016
giphy.gif

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
Had you told me even three years ago that out of Honka, Hieskanen, Oleksiak, Klingberg, and Lindell he'd be the worst of the bunch, I don't know if I would have believed you. Real crazy how his development has just plateaued.

Last edited:

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Had you told me even three years ago that out of Honka, Hieskanen, Oleksiak, Klingberg, and Lindell that he'd be the worst of the bunch, I don't know if I would have believed you. Real crazy how his development has just plateaued.

He looked amazing in the AHL after his draft . Never translated to the NHL. Maybe a system that would've allowed him to activate offensively more often which is what the Stars are playing now would've helped him back then but it wasn't the case back then. Maybe he can still find his NHL game ? If not its cheap enough to not matter. Maybe someone picks him up on waivers at that price as well.

Reactions: DropTheGloves

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Had you told me even three years ago that out of Honka, Hieskanen, Oleksiak, Klingberg, and Lindell that he'd be the worst of the bunch, I don't know if I would have believed you. Real crazy how his development has just plateaued.

If you'd told ME three years ago that all five of those players would still be with the team, I don't know if I would've believed you either. :laugh:

17thRoundPick

Mar 19, 2015
Just another case of ”hopefully he will find his game” and no - we all know he won’t. Not a NHL player.

pbatx

Feb 26, 2015
Austin, TX
Such a low risk move, if he finds his game, we win if he doesn't, back to the AHL or waivers.

When I saw him play in the AHL, he was excellent, by the way.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Was a record braking finn rookie d-man in the WHL, as an 18 year old.

Scored almost 20 goals and 60 points in 62 games for the Swift Current Broncos
in his draft season, totally dominated in the WHL that season.
- got drafted 14th overall

Scored almost 10 goals and 30+ points as an 19 year old rookie d-man.
in the AHL, in his first pro season

Scored 11 goals, 45 points in his second AHL season, as an 20 year old sophomore.

Then what happened...no idea....only the sky was limit for him
but...nothing....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad