Confirmed Trade: [DAL/SJS] Scott Reedy for Jacob Peterson

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Change of scene trade i assume ? 2017 mid round picks traded for each other. I liked Peterson but i don't think he was happy beeing stuck in the AHL all season long . Wouldn't be much different going forward either . Stars have better younger forward prospects.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Change of scene trade i assume ? 2017 mid round picks traded for each other. I liked Peterson but i don't think he was happy beeing stuck in the AHL all season long . Wouldn't be much different going forward either . Stars have better younger forward prospects.

What’s his deal? Never heard of him!

serp

Jan 17, 2016
What’s his deal? Never heard of him!

Last year , his first pro-season , he made the team out of camp and had a pretty good rookie season. This year lackluster camp and barely made the roster and only as a spare. Was send down after only playing in 1 game ( 1 game more and he'll need to go through waivers ) and was never called back up. Like 6-7 different AHL forwards got callups before him. I assume he's not very happy .

Going forward also seems unlikely his chances of making the Stars next year would be any better with Stankoven coming from juniors and Bourque having a full AHL season under his belt.

Seems like a favor to Peterson . Get a chance to make the NHL again elsewhere

Reactions: LT

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Yeah I don't think that's a fair characterization of Peterson at all. Peterson showed enough in his rookie season to continue his career as an NHLer but due to a coaching change and a ton of depth got squeezed out here. Sharks got a good one IMO.

Reactions: LT

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I think Stars come out on top in this trade. I generally like Peterson, but he’s already been passed by younger guys in the AHL (Blumel, Bourque). Gives him a shot to make a more barren roster

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
One day I reckon two teams are going to troll fans and announce a trade with made up players
Are we sure that hasn't happened ? I mean, it almost happened today...

I mean.... Habs traded away a player's signing rights (and he'll never get signed) for another guy unlikely to ever be signed....

Reactions: Iwishihadaspacebar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad