Proposal: DAL / MTL / BUF

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
IIRC, its my first attempt at a three-way trade. Curious if it's fair of not and honestly not sure. Could be terrible. Discuss, but please be civil...

To DAL
Drouin
Alzner
5th 2018 or 2019 (MTL)
5th 2018 or 2019 (BUF)

To MTL
ROR
Faksa
Lindell
1st 2018 (DAL - 13OA)

To BUF
1st 2018 (MTL - 3OA)
4th 2018 (DAL)
Honka
Ritchie

EDIT: To explain the rationale...

I think Drouin is the best player in the deal. I think it is a Seguin situation all over again. Faksa is great, but I think great 3C is his ceiling, which is replaceable. Ritchie's loss is negligible, as is Honka's in my opinion because of Dallas' misuse of him; I don't think he will do anything more in Dallas. BOth will do better elsewhere. So, it all boils down to the 1st, 4th, and Lindell.

Outside of Heiskanen, Nill has proven that he can't draft in the first round, so that pick is a wash (just look at our history). The 4th gets us two 5ths, which we somehow win big with. So, it boils down to Lindell, whom is think is a solid d-man, but also the product of Klingberg, more than the other way around. I see him as replaceable.

Thus, we get the best player in the deal, while somehow everyone else gets what they need/want.

That's the thought, anyway...

Last edited:

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
IIRC, its my first attempt at a three-way trade. Curious if it's fair of not and honestly not sure. Could be terrible. Discuss, but please be civil...

To DAL
Drouin
Alzner
5th 2018 or 2019 (MTL)
5th 2018 or 2019 (BUF)

To MTL
ROR
Faksa
Lindell
1st 2018 (DAL - 13OA)

To BUF
1st 2018 (MTL - 3OA)
4th 2018 (DAL)
Honka
Ritchie

Drouin is probably the least available piece in Montreal so No.

Reactions: Deam78

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I would move the pick value up for Dallas and/or change Alzner for a better d.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Lol. Montréal make out like bandits. Do you realize how good Esa Lindell is?

Yes I am big lindell fan, In my fantasy league we had 20 teams I picked lindell around pick 300 shocked he was on the board.
But that doesn't change the fact that Drouin is pretty much the only untouchable piece in Montreal, he has a very high ceiling and is a local boy odds are he never wears a different jersey again.

Janne Niinimaa

"Character"
Sep 28, 2017
Montreal
Yes I am big lindell fan, In my fantasy league we had 20 teams I picked lindell around pick 300 shocked he was on the board.
But that doesn't change the fact that Drouin is pretty much the only untouchable piece in Montreal, he has a very high ceiling and is a local boy odds are he never wears a different jersey again.
#3 + Drouin + Alzner + 5th for #13 + ROR + Faksa + Lindell is robbery though.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee

To DAL
Drouin
Alzner
5th 2018 or 2019 (MTL)
5th 2018 or 2019 (BUF)

To MTL
ROR
Faksa
Lindell
1st 2018 (DAL - 13OA)

To BUF
1st 2018 (MTL - 3OA)
4th 2018 (DAL)
Honka
Ritchie

Eh. I don't really think we're getting enough for Ryan O'Reilly here. Honka hasn't shown enough and Ritchie is a change of location type. Buffalo and Dallas get hosed in this deal. No thanks at least from this fan.

normaliswear

Oct 22, 2006
I'd do it from Buffalo. The fact that I hesitate makes it probably fair. My guess is Dallas is a reluctant no. Not bad though.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
This deal would add a legit #1c, low end 2C with upside, #2/3 LHD partner for the top pair with Weber, and move back to #13 OA (a prime position to draft a very good C prospect). This deal would solve a LOT of Montreal's biggest issues IMO. They solidify the C position for now and well into the future and solidify their top pairing. Really they shore up their entire top 4 D...

You really wouldn't do it because Druin was born in Quebec?

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Are you a Dallas fan or do you hate Dallas? I'm confused. You have a Dallas Stars picture but you made a 3-team proposal where Dallas gets shafted.

Dallas gives up Faksa, Lindell, Honka, and our first round pick and we get a bunch of crap in return? I wouldn't trade Faksa and Lindell alone for the crap Dallas is receiving. Alzner is a bum now and skates about as well as I do. Drouin is an offensive player who scored 13 goals in 77 games last year. Faksa is one of the best defensive forwards in the league and he scored 17 last year playing a shutdown role with no power play time.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Easy pass from the Dallas Perspective. We get an anchor that is Alzner, give up our #2 d-man, our best defensive forward, lose our first and all we get is drouin. He's not worth it

Reactions: Kcb12345

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014

To DAL
Drouin
Alzner
5th 2018 or 2019 (MTL)
5th 2018 or 2019 (BUF)

To MTL
ROR
Faksa
Lindell
1st 2018 (DAL - 13OA)

To BUF
1st 2018 (MTL - 3OA)
4th 2018 (DAL)
Honka
Ritchie

So Dallas gives up Faksa, Lindell, 13th OA, Honka, Ritchie, 4th round pick and all we get back is a couple of 5ths, an overpiad D on a long contract and Drouin. Are you sure you are a Dallas fan?

A 4th is probably worth a couple 5ths. Alzner is overpaid and objectively worse than Lindell and is locked up on a bad contract for term. Do you really think Faksa (great 3C), Lindell (2/3 D), Honka, 13th overall for Drouin (1 LW), Alzner (bad contract) is remotely close to interesting for Dallas?

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Drouin is probably the least available piece in Montreal so No.
The 3rd overall should be the thing you are worried about the most in this trade, but MTL comes out with a legit 1C, a #2 D who would be your best LD, a very very good 3C and you still have a top 15 pick. This is a pretty darn good deal for MTL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad