Confirmed Signing with Link: [DAL] Miro Heiskanen signs extension with the Stars (8 years, $8.45M AAV)

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Wow, seems steep. You're basically paying for potential and I guess you gotta add some $ if you wanna lock him up for 8 years.

Feels like an overpayment with $1-1.5 M per year basically.

And yes I know he's an amazing defenseman who most likely will be worth it.

Edit; north of $8, damn. And in a state with no income tax, yeah this is too much. But at the same time you gotta re-sign him.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Wow, seems steep. You're basically paying for potential and I guess you gotta add some $ if you wanna lock him up for 8 years.

Edit; north of $8, damn. And in a state with no income tax, yeah this is too much. But at the same time you gotta re-sign him.
It's paying for what he is now. We are in an era where elite RFAs will be paid what they're worth, and UFAs will be less overpaid than previously.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
wow nice deal for heiskanen. he's definitely worth it but without the state tax thought he'd come in around 7.5

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

Paying for potential?

He's a top tier #1D already. There's no paying for potential here. If Dallas had won the cup last year he'd be a 21 year old Conn Smythe trophy winner.

This is a fantastic deal for Dallas as they sign there franchise cornerstone for 8 years at a very reasonable number.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
He wanted more than Chabot that much we've heard from his camp a while ago . Let's see how much more its going to end up .

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Gotta keep in mind of what team he plays for here. Dallas doesn’t put up a ton of offense and he also has Klingberg to share time on the PP

But when it comes to the defensive side of things, I’d say he’s one of the best in his age group

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad