Confirmed Signing with Link: [DAL] Alexander Radulov (5 Years, $6.25M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
He should have left the initial offer on the table.

By pulling it, he's making himself look like a bully trying to force Radulov's hand and rush his decision. If he knew market value for Rads, then leave the offer on the table and if he takes your offer over Dallas, so be it.

By re-instating the offer after playing hardball, he just re-affirms to everyone how idiotic he was to pull it off the table in the first place.

I don't see how you don't see that this is an issue. lol

my guess is that you don't understand how exclusivity in negotiations work. The day radulov signed a one year deal he WAS going to test the UFA market, to think otherwise is idiotic.

Bergevin made an offer he thought was market value because for a very short amount of time he was the only market. But there is no way radulov accepts that, he was going to see if the grass was greener. There is nothing MB could have done to stop it other that saying that the offer was time limited. If he leaves it on the table, all radulov does is says " i have this offer from montreal, you have to at least match it" to any and all suitors ( as is his right). If radulov though that the habs offer was fair market value he would have signed, but he didnt. That he ended up signing for the same amount pretty much vindicates MB ( that radulov's FMV was pretty much what the habs offered) and says that radulov likely overvalued his worth.

MB didnt want to be a party to having to pay more for radulov and if you willingly throw away the exclusive ability to negotiate with players you are an idiot and should lose your job as GM.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
No it's a negotiation tactic...Bergevin didn't want to negotiate against other teams.

He didn't want to get into a bidding war...he knew what the market, or lack their of, that there was for Radulov.

If the guy truly wanted to play in Montreal, he would of signed the same deal he ended up signing, before July 1st with Montreal.

Again...this is a common negotiating tactic, save your best offer until closer to the deadline.

But once deadline comes...offer is pulled.

I don't see what the issue here is???

I conjecture the issue is that since Rads signed with Dallas he is the bad guy to Montreal fans because those fans know one gotta away but MAB played it just right. Or something like that. LOL

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
I conjecture the issue is that since Rads signed with Dallas he is the bad guy to Montreal fans because those fans know one gotta away but MAB played it just right. Or something like that. LOL

Pretty amazing he was outbidded by the same exact term. How can you be so competent?

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
This guy is a joke and there's no way he lasts the entire 5 years in Dallas. One kind of good year and a determined playoff round WHILE in a contract year means nothing. He'll be floating and feuding with Hitch in no time. This guy is not a winner and only out for the most cash. He'll be bought out, traded or back in Russia within 4 years.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
This guy is a joke and there's no way he lasts the entire 5 years in Dallas. One kind of good year and a determined playoff round WHILE in a contract year means nothing. He'll be floating and feuding with Hitch in no time. This guy is not a winner and only out for the most cash. He'll be bought out, traded or back in Russia within 4 years.

Why? He seemed to do okay playing longer term contracts in Russia he just hated nashville

JohnnyB11

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, NB
my guess is that you don't understand how exclusivity in negotiations work. The day radulov signed a one year deal he WAS going to test the UFA market, to think otherwise is idiotic.

Bergevin made an offer he thought was market value because for a very short amount of time he was the only market. But there is no way radulov accepts that, he was going to see if the grass was greener. There is nothing MB could have done to stop it other that saying that the offer was time limited. If he leaves it on the table, all radulov does is says " i have this offer from montreal, you have to at least match it" to any and all suitors ( as is his right). If radulov though that the habs offer was fair market value he would have signed, but he didnt. That he ended up signing for the same amount pretty much vindicates MB ( that radulov's FMV was pretty much what the habs offered) and says that radulov likely overvalued his worth.

MB didnt want to be a party to having to pay more for radulov and if you willingly throw away the exclusive ability to negotiate with players you are an idiot and should lose your job as GM.
This is probably the best post I've read on the situation, and I've read lots lol
In the end - replaced Radulov with Drouin, Emelin with Alzner, and Beaulieu with Schlemko. Talent wise that's at LEAST a wash, but realistically an upgrade overall.

That leaves Markov unsigned, and a pot of cap space. Interesting to see what happens next!

JohnnyB11

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, NB
Not sure where you are going at. Radulov agreed to the Mtl offer but in Dallas.

So taxes are now to blame.

If Habs pulled the offer... it no longer was the same exact term, now was it?

Lol bottom line is that if Radulov wanted to play on Montreal over playing in Dallas, offer from MB on the table or not he easily could have had his agent contact Montreal and say he'd accept those terms. The fact is he chose Dallas. Fine! Easy come, easy go. To hang this on MB though is just a witch hunt, which is definitely en vogue right now.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
In the end - replaced Radulov with Drouin, Emelin with Alzner, and Beaulieu with Schlemko. Talent wise that's at LEAST a wash, but realistically an upgrade overall.

Sergachev became Drouin. Radulov is gone and has nothing to do with Drouin.

So you are telling me the offense is now better?

Alzner-Schlemko vs Emelin-Beaulieu? Markov might be gone.

The new d will help the offense more?

Hemsky?? Will get 30 IF all goes well.

What upgrade? And you got older too.

JohnnyB11

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, NB
Sergachev became Drouin. Radulov is gone and has nothing to do with Drouin.

So you are telling me the offense is now better?

Alzner-Schlemko vs Emelin-Beaulieu? Markov might be gone.

The new d will help the offense more?

Hemsky?? Will get 30 IF all goes well.

What upgrade? And you got older too.
*sigh* Seriously? Let me try to make it clear for you.

Drouins presence in the lineup replaces Radulov from last year. Sergachev had nothing to do with last years on ice edition.

Alzner replaces Emilio from last year

Schlemko replaces Beaulieu from last year

I already said Markov is still an unknown. However yes, I'm suggesting Drouin, Alzner and Schlemko are an overall upgrade on last year's Radulov, Emelin and Beaulieu.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Not sure where you are going at. Radulov agreed to the Mtl offer but in Dallas.

So taxes are now to blame.

Where I'm going is that Radulov wanted to test the free agency no matter what. If that offer by MTL never was available after the point Radulov started testing free agency, it effectively never was actually available.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
LOL Montreal lost their best forward.

He wasn't our best forward, ever. He scored less than breakaway Byron.

Patches was our best forward even when you factor in the foot problems. That may be a low bar indeed but its still true. Radulov was probably #2 forward and 4th overall.

And if you are surprised that a guy trying to clean up his reputation after signing a one year deal would test the FA waters, you might want to try paying better attention.

The habs are worse off than last year but way better than with Radulov on a 5 year ( or more) contract.

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
He wasn't our best forward, ever. He scored less than breakaway Byron.

Patches was our best forward even when you factor in the foot problems. That may be a low bar indeed but its still true. Radulov was probably #2 forward and 4th overall.

And if you are surprised that a guy trying to clean up his reputation after signing a one year deal would test the FA waters, you might want to try paying better attention.

The habs are worse off than last year but way better than with Radulov on a 5 year ( or more) contract.

Radulov is the only forward that showed up in the playoffs for the Habs.

Pax was hot garbage and it's pretty evident he's not happy in MTL.

Max Pax as captain is a disgrace to all the old Montreal Canadiens captains.

wesleysnipe

Jul 2, 2017
Radulov is the only forward that showed up in the playoffs for the Habs.

since you are a leaf fan i know you did not watch an habs game..if you did you would know that lehkonen was also pretty solid..and i am expecting 25g+ from him this year

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
since you are a leaf fan i know you did not watch an habs game..if you did you would know that lehkonen was also pretty solid..and i am expecting 25g+ from him this year

I watch the Habs a lot.

You're right, Lehkonen was really good.

A 21 year old outplayed the captain of the Montreal Canadiens.

Awesome.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009

Back to the " i watch and you dont" stuff?

wesleysnipe

Jul 2, 2017
So everybody will improve this year? Lehkonen will more than double his output, Galchenyuk will not only break 60 for the first time but heck why not 70 too? Plekanec will go from 28 to 55+?

Since it is a Radulov thread, i bet his numbers will decrease right?

All the good guys are good in July.

lehoken had 18g so last time i check 25 is only 7g difference ..great maths..also galchenyuk was injured but before he was..he was ppg..i expect a lot from him the next 3 year since he want a big payday when he become ufa.and has for pleck(which i did not even mention in my post..cant really be worst this year

wesleysnipe

Jul 2, 2017
How is that a new thing?
Sounds more like a new excuse.

If hardball MB had not taken the winnng bid off the table on July 1st, Radulov would have paid his taxes here.

same reason why not free agent want to play in toronto unless major overpayment..and radu will save 4m by signing in dallas for the same amount.

JohnnyB11

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, NB

The only hot garbage I see is your post. Obvious he's not happy? How do you figure that?

Posts like this are a disgrace to all the other posters out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad