Seravalli: Daily Faceoff top 50 UFAs. Where do they land?

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
I personally think the Canucks trade JT Miller , Garland and Myers this off-season and use cap space on signing Forsberg.

Vancouver has always been a 2nd home to Swedes.

Forsberg to Van- 6yrs , 8.2mil AAV
Chase Priskie to Van- 2 years, 1.2 AAV
Ilya Mikheyev to Van 4 years, 3.75m AAV

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I personally think the Canucks trade JT Miller , Garland and Myers this off-season and use cap space on signing Forsberg.

Vancouver has always been a 2nd home to Swedes.

Forsberg to Van- 6yrs , 8.2mil AAV
Ilya Mikheyev to Van 4 years, 3.75m AAV
You aren't getting Forsberg for 8.2 and only 6 years. You are looking at 9 x 7 min.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
You aren't getting Forsberg for 8.2 and only 6 years. You are looking at 9 x 7 min.

We shall see, unlimited sushi in Vancouver is pretty convincing apparently.

I wouldnt mind Forsberg for anything under 9 mil tho tbh. Play Driver, finisher and only 28 yrs old.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
We shall see, unlimited sushi in Vancouver is pretty convincing apparently.

I wouldnt mind Forsberg for anything under 9 mil tho tbh. Play Driver, finisher and only 28 yrs old.
Keep in mind too his soon to be wife ( think it's this weekend) is a country music singer. That may play a role in what he considers a suitable basis for operation.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

I feel like Vancouver's going to want a more proven defensive minded RD (ie what they thought they were getting with Hamonic / lost in Tanev). Not sure Priskie fits there, plus 1.2 mil seems a little expensive for a guy with no NHL track record.

A couple summers ago, John Gilmour was coming off a big AHL season (at age 26) with some buzz that he might be a late bloomer. He got a one way deal for 700K with Buffalo but only played a handful of games for the big club. I feel like Priskie is in a similar situation.

Just connecting some dots that might not really be there, but Priskie played for Charlotte this season which was a shared AHL team between Florida/Seattle and Dan Bylsma was an assistant. Seattle just hired Bylsma to be their inaugural AHL head coach in Coachella and the Kraken don't have a ton of RD under contract. So maybe they could give Priskie a 1 year 700K contract with a chance of winning a roster spot and he'd at least have some familiarity with the AHL coach if he didn't make the cut.

Holtby to Edmonton- 2 years 3.2 mil AAV.

Holtby had to settle for a 1 year, 2 mil contract last offseason. I don't think his value has gone up, especially after having an injury plagued season.

Reactions: Lays

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Keep in mind too his soon to be wife ( think it's this weekend) is a country music singer. That may play a role in what he considers a suitable basis for operation.

Forsberg probably already house shopping in Pitt Meadows/Maple Ridge BC then if thats the case.

I feel like Vancouver's going to want a more proven defensive minded RD (ie what they thought they were getting with Hamonic / lost in Tanev). Not sure Priskie fits there, plus 1.2 mil seems a little expensive for a guy with no NHL track record.

A couple summers ago, John Gilmour was coming off a big AHL season (at age 26) with some buzz that he might be a late bloomer. He got a one way deal for 700K with Buffalo but only played a handful of games for the big club. I feel like Priskie is in a similar situation.

Just connecting some dots that might not really be there, but Priskie played for Charlotte this season which was a shared AHL team between Florida/Seattle and Dan Bylsma was an assistant. Seattle just hired Bylsma to be their inaugural AHL head coach in Coachella and the Kraken don't have a ton of RD under contract. So maybe they could give Priskie a 1 year 700K contract with a chance of winning a roster spot and he'd at least have some familiarity with the AHL coach if he didn't make the cut.

Holtby had to settle for a 1 year, 2 mil contract last offseason. I don't think his value has gone up, especially after having an injury plagued season.
Edmonton tax

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
trochek to NJD

It's an interesting thought, especially if he could play RW and take faceoffs for Hughes. But our GM seemingly expressed a desire to get a little bit bigger. Not sure how active we'll be in free agency since we'll need to keep eventual spots open for Holtz and whoever we draft next month (presumably a forward).

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
There's a lot of potentially poor decisions on that list.

GM's must be salivating.
Free agents right now:

giphy201.gif

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
I think Motte re-signs w NYR
Justin Braun (not listed?) too
And maybe Stastny signs w NYR

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
I feel like Chase Priskie is a case study for why old NCAA players should just sign with terrible teams where they can play. Every time they sign with a good team it becomes pretty obvious when they aren’t very good and the team won’t play them because they don’t need to.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I'm really curious where Malkin would go if he left Pittsburgh, maybe WSH with Ovy to help set goal record while some of their players are on LTIR.
I get the WSH-PIT playoff history/divisional foe but it'd make for a great story with Ovy

Hoping Calgary can keep Gaudreau, Tkachuk and Mang.
Sutter will get them to next step.

Will someone give Kadri 6-7 years despite his age? Something feels like Detroit for me, or Yzerman is gonna make another big signing or trade. Maybe Chychrun?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad