Dahlin vs heiskanen vs fox and malar right now.

Who is the better player right now?

• Heiskanen

Votes: 16 10.2%
  • Makar

Votes: 101 64.3%
  • Dahlin

Votes: 33 21.0%
  • Fox

Votes: 23 14.6%

• Total voters

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
Makar even if he isn't lights out is still a really high bar to beat right now.

Technically in the last 2 weeks Morrisey from Winnipeg is the hottest offensively with 10 points and the highest guy from our list to choose from Dahlin has 8 points.

For Makar he is playing 3 MPG more than Fox and Miro and Dahlin are both closer to Fox than Makar.

Yes, we all know that Makar is viewed as the best defenseman in the league. That doesn't mean he's playing the best right now, this season though, which is what OP asked for. The only one of the other three Makar's got a case against this season is Heiskanen, but it's absolutely not a slam dunk. Dahlin and Fox has been a lot better.

Reactions: Guy Tetreault

TFly

Dec 2, 2022
Seems like every season people want to argue player ‘A’ is better than Cale Makar. Then as the season progresses it becomes player ‘B’, and maybe even ‘C’ for a week or so.

The names aren’t significant because the players have become interchangeable, but the single common factor is Cale Makar being at the top. McDavid & Makar are on their own levels at this point.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
As it has been for the last two years, it's a two horse race between Fox and Makar.

I mean 3 of these are great dmen but I feel like Malar sticks out as not belonging, I mean he's not even in the NHL.
Just think how good Gandalf would be if he played in the NHL though, 3000 years of practice would have to give you an edge. Wait, that's not a capital 'i' is it?

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Still obviously Makar.
How and why? Other than you just going off on choosing him because we know he's a great player. I don't think he's been nearly as good this season as Fox or Dahlin, and I'm sure he'll push himself to lead the pack down the race, but if we're voting on right now through this season, it's not him. If you want to vote over the last 3 years, over last season, or just in general who you think the better dman in the league is, that's fair, but I think that's a different voting question.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Fox & Makar too close to call, so homer vote for Fox. If Fox had Makar's skating, or Makar Fox's hockey IQ, that player would be a perennial Hart candidate imo. (and this is not to say that those qualities are weaknesses, so much to say as they are what makes each player elite)

Dahlin
Heiskanen
(McAvoy)

These 3 are a cluster for me.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Fox & Makar too close to call, so homer vote for Fox. If Fox had Makar's skating, or Makar Fox's hockey IQ, that player would be a perennial Hart candidate imo. (and this is not to say that those qualities are weaknesses, so much to say as they are what makes each player elite)

Dahlin
Heiskanen
(McAvoy)

Might be homerism but dahlin definitely has put himself in the conversation he separated himself from the mcavoy and heiskanen tier

• Haha
Reactions: Spotty 2 Hotty

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

Dahlin
Heiskanen
(McAvoy)

I agree on the next 3 but McAvoy isn't going to be in the Norris derby this year as he has missed 13 games.

Dahlin played with Makar and the Sabers hung around with the Avs last night, both are on the rise.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00