(Dahlin) Montreal vs Edmonton

If Dahlin were to go to either these teams, who you rather gets him?

• Habs

Votes: 60 55.0%
  • Oilers

Votes: 49 45.0%

• Total voters

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Dahlin will be drafted by Vancouver, Montreal, Arizona, Buffalo, Detroit, Vegas, New Jersey or Florida.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
i dont want to imagine mcdavid and dahlin playing together

Yup.

It’s moot, because Edmonton is a playoff team, but a defensive prospect of that potential on a team that already has McDavid and Draisaitl? f*** that.

Reactions: DanM

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
As someone who likes the habs I hope Edmonton gets him, Bergevin would want him played at forward. Habs are run by Pejorative Slurs.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I picked the most obvious answer of None. MTL had decade after decade of getting the best players and won most of their cups during that time. And Edmonton bottomed out for a decade with close to 4 billion 1st round picks in a row, so I think both these teams have had more than their far share of luck in getting the best players available in the draft.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Montreal without a doubt. The Atlantic is so far behind the other divisions, it's not even funny. They need him.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Hate them both equally so I genuinely can't vote. Probably Montreal though just because I know they'll do nothing with him as long as Bergevin is still there.

Same, but I think I'd pick Edmonton because Chia would trade him for a much worse player.

DesmondDekker

Let's diddly go !
Sep 11, 2006
Canada
Getting Dahlin when you already had 8 top 10 picks over the last 9 years, including 4 first overall picks AND McDavid would be an insult to all other markets. I’m happy the Oilers are back on track (despite a slow start this season), but as a Habs fan, I’d rather see Dahlin end up in Boston or Toronto than in Edmonton.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Yup.

It’s moot, because Edmonton is a playoff team, but a defensive prospect of that potential on a team that already has McDavid and Draisaitl? **** that.

Agreed!

Any team but Edmonton, but that's not saying I dislike them, I just don't want him teamed up with Mcdavid LOL

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Getting Dahlin when you already had 8 top 10 picks over the last 9 years, including 4 first overall picks AND McDavid would be an insult to all other markets. I’m happy the Oilers are back on track (despite a slow start this season), but as a Habs fan, I’d rather see Dahlin end up in Boston or Toronto than in Edmonton.

Honestly, Montreal needs and deserves a star of this potential magnitude. If they could rebuild around him and Price, could be some nice battles down the road.

DesmondDekker

Let's diddly go !
Sep 11, 2006
Canada
Honestly, Montreal needs and deserves a star of this potential magnitude. If they could rebuild around him and Price, could be some nice battles down the road.
Yeah, I kinda wish we had something other than Price to rival the Leafs for the next few years, cause it looks like it’s your turn to beat us in 14 consecutive games haha

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Yeah, I kinda wish we had something other than Price to rival the Leafs for the next few years, cause it looks like it’s your turn to beat us in 14 consecutive games haha

Agreed. It is what I would like to see. Also people forget that a good Habs team is good for the NHL, you want to have those kind of rival games, and the original 6 teams be strong. I just think a star in Montreal is really good for the game, and it causes some great debates on the boards LOL

Reactions: DesmondDekker

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
If the Oilers decide to tank. Montreal has no chance, No one knows the art of tanking better then the Great One.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
a team that already boasts McDavid, Draisaitl, and Puljujarvi percolating in the minors , get Dahlin, would be a little unfair. Dahlin needs to go to a team like Montreal or Detroit.

Reactions: DanM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad