Confirmed with Link: Dadonov traded for Shea Weber.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Imagine a guy who doesn't want to go to play in Orange County, but is willing to go to Montreal. I know taxes are high in California but they are even higher in Quebec.
Remember: He signed in Ottawa.

Who knows why his NTC looks like it does.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I don't see how they could do better getting rid of Dadonov and the cap hit.

The Weber LTIR doesn't do anything to us this year and will most likely be easily tradeable next year when there will be a 6.857 million dollar difference between his actual salary and his cap hit. Arizona in a 4500 seat arena for three years or four years would love to save 6 million dollars every year until they get a bigger arena.

We were going to spend to the cap to keep as much of the roster as we could anyway so banking cap space wasn't really on the cards this year regardless.

It's definitely preferable to paying a 2nd or more to moving the contract, although they could have just kept him (or not spent a 3rd to obtain him in the 1st place).

I'm happy the drama is over for him. Hopefully he gets top 6 minutes & consistent linemates. The nanosecond he wasn't on fire putting up points, he was moved back to the 3rd line with new guys to play with...even though he looked decent with Eichel and had some bad puck luck.

Last year Tampa got Point and all their other RFAs locked up after taking on the Seabrook contract. I wonder if Vegas will be able to do the same with Smith, Roy, Hague etc and avoid all that offer sheet nonsense with Weber's LTIR. If that's the case, this is actually a great move. So we'll see.

Last edited:

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
What a worthless way to shave 5 mil off the cap. With the way Canadiens trades have been with Vegas, Dadanov will crack the 30 goal mark for the first time in his career. There's other guys I would have hoped to trade in the 5 million plus range before Dadanov
as a Habs fan, I'm very happy with this trade - Dadonov hopefully will have a solid year and then be dealt at the TDL for a 1st or 2nd '23.

Weber on the other hand also holds value for VGK. Nashville will end up giving you a first to keep Weber on the LTIR, as if he retires nashville will be in serious cap hell (cap recapture). Arizona will also offer something up to get them to the floor. also opens up $5M for an additional player.

good trade for both teams.

• Haha
Reactions: the

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
as a Habs fan, I'm very happy with this trade - Dadonov hopefully will have a solid year and then be dealt at the TDL for a 1st or 2nd '23.

Weber on the other hand also holds value for VGK. Nashville will end up giving you a first to keep Weber on the LTIR, as if he retires nashville will be in serious cap hell (cap recapture). Arizona will also offer something up to get them to the floor. also opens up $5M for an additional player.

good trade for both teams.
I'd really rein in on my expectations if I were you and expect a 2nd or 3rd instead. Especially so considering how 2023 is shaping up to be.

Reactions: themilosh

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2