D Vladimir Dravecky - Team Slovakia U18, Slovakia 2 (2026 Draft)

Martinez89

May 20, 2019
15 y.o. Slovak defenseman, son of hockey player Vladimir Dravecky who represented Slovakia on 4 World championships and is still playing for Trinec (Czech champions in last three seasons). Dravecky jr. is a late 2007 so is eligible for the draft in 2026.

He was born in USA and until now played in Trinec, Czech republic. If he wants to represent Slovakia in IIHF tournaments he needs to spent next 2 seasons in Slovakia and he´s going to do it - he already joined Slovak U18 project which I appreciate that he shows the Slovak heart.

He´s calm, offensive minded mobile defenseman with good transition play so obviously he´s strong option for power-plays. In this past season he was excellent in Slovak national U16 team - in 9 games he scored 8 points (1+7). And also now he´s part of early nomination on HGC tournament as a youngest member with a real chance to make a team. All in all, Dravecky jr. is a legit prospect and definitely one of the most promising Slovak D´s of the next generation.

Strengths : skating, athleticsm, passing, transition, hockey sense

Room for improvement : physical play

Stylistic comparision : Simon Nemec

Vladimir Dravecký at eliteprospects.com

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
I'm curious about his next season. There is even a real chance that he will make his debut at the end of the season in the top tier Slovak men's league. But I have to say, I really love the 2007 D core.

vlady

May 22, 2009
Bratislava
www.powerplay.studio
He was born in USA and until now played in Trinec, Czech republic. If he wants to represent Slovakia in IIHF tournaments he needs to spent next 2 seasons in Slovakia and he´s going to do it - he already joined Slovak U18 project which I appreciate that he shows the Slovak heart.
Does he really need to do that? Isn't it enough that he has a Slovak passport? The 2-year rule only applies when a player changes citizenship, which I am not sure is the case for him.

Martinez89

May 20, 2019
Does he really need to do that? Isn't it enough that he has a Slovak passport? The 2-year rule only applies when a player changes citizenship, which I am not sure is the case for him.
But he wasn´t born in Slovakia which is the that difference. Honestly, I´m not sure how things worked for Ciernik in this similar case for example but for Dravecky this was a necessary step. Even he himself said it in today´s article on Hockeyslovakia - he needs to play here for a next 16 months.

Reactions: hellwar9

Martinez89

May 20, 2019
Wow, is he real? I´m so impressed by him on U17 5 Nations tournament in Czech republic. Has 2+2 in 3 games but the way he plays. His confidence is unreal, as well as skill, smartness or passing ability/transition play.

Comparision to Simon Nemec is appropriate here I remember I had the same vibes about 15 y.o. Nemec as I do here. Really curious to see how his season will continue but in this tournament he looks fantastic.

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
Wow, is he real? I´m so impressed by him on U17 5 Nations tournament in Czech republic. Has 2+2 in 3 games but the way he plays. His confidence is unreal, as well as skill, smartness or passing ability/transition play.

Comparision to Simon Nemec is appropriate here I remember I had the same vibes about 15 y.o. Nemec as I do here. Really curious to see how his season will continue but in this tournament he looks fantastic.
This play reminded me of S. Nemec:

I am also very impressed by him..

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
It’s early but the hype for him looks legitimate. He made some really good plays yesterday against Liiga opponent, very poised defenseman. I think he could spend potentially double digit amount of games with the A team this season if the development path goes along. Also should likely be a no brainer for the U18 WC.

One of the plays I liked most from the game, not many 15 year olds with this patience and calmness:

Reactions: vlady and hellwar9

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
It’s early but the hype for him looks legitimate. He made some really good plays yesterday against Liiga opponent, very poised defenseman. I think he could spend potentially double digit amount of games with the A team this season if the development path goes along. Also should likely be a no brainer for the U18 WC.

One of the plays I liked most from the game, not many 15 year olds with this patience and calmness:

Tonight Straka vs Dravecky :popcorn:Looks like he is not playing tonight

Last edited:

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia

Yes, but the U18 WC will have to wait until 2025. He needs to have played one and a half year in Slovakia to be able to play for Slovakia in IIHF events.

Reactions: Antiillafire

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
He's amazingly good. If he grows to 6'0, he'll be a top 5 pick. If he can grow to like 6'1 or 6'2, I could see him being a potential 1OA contender. The only thing I didn't think was terrific about what I saw was that he's a little short (5'10). Barring anything crazy happening, he'll be a first round pick.
5'10.5" at 15, he'll be ok. Though his father is barely an inch taller than him.

Reactions: samuu and hellwar9

samuu

Aug 15, 2022
Germany
He's amazingly good. If he grows to 6'0, he'll be a top 5 pick. If he can grow to like 6'1 or 6'2, I could see him being a potential 1OA contender. The only thing I didn't think was terrific about what I saw was that he's a little short (5'10). Barring anything crazy happening, he'll be a first round pick.
How do you view his game compared to Simon Nemec at the same age?

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018
I still like Luka Radivojevic more tbh (i know ... different draft but same age group)

Reactions: hellwar9 and samuu

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This is so very random, but Jonathan Quick was saying this week that his roommate at his first NHL camp was Vladimir Dravecky Sr.

Vladimir Dravecky. “He was a forward, Czech guy. We were teammates in Manchester a bit, in (ECHL) Reading a bit too. He wasn’t a big fan of me being his roommate, I snored a little too much for him.”
He thought he was Czech too. :help:

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
How is he playing this season? @Martinez89 @Antiillafire @hellwar9 @Pazucha @anyone_else
I think he’s played well, it’s hard to judge his games with the project as most games they lose by a decent margin (5-2, 6-1), etc. But I still think he’s been good in the U20 league which is better to judge, a bit better point pace than Nemec in his DY-2. And he’s played good for the national team. It’s a shame he won’t be at the upcoming U18 WC. HGC in August will be better place to judge what level he’s at.

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
Who do you guys think is the better prospect out of him and Luka Radivojevic? Both 2007's and both seem like amazing prospects at this point. How do they compare to say Simon Nemec at the same age?

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
Who do you guys think is the better prospect out of him and Luka Radivojevic? Both 2007's and both seem like amazing prospects at this point. How do they compare to say Simon Nemec at the same age?
In my opinion, Radivojevic is the better prospect - he could really be close to as good as Nemec. Play style wise though, Dravecky resembles Nemec much more.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I prefer Dravecky, if they grow to the same height. I think he’s a better all around hockey player.

Dravecky father isn’t too much taller than the 5’10 he is now. Radivojevic father is 6’2, so more likely he has more room to physically grow, and that could make him the better NHL prospect.

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
Luka is 17 I don't think he will grow much taller even though his father is 6´2 (weird) :huh:

Dravecky is small and slow that's what worries me I don't think there is a place in the NHL for a short and slow skating defensemen.

Both are very talented but I prefer Luka just because of his speed.

Lets hope they both grow a little bit and my comment becomes irrelevant.

Reactions: hellwar9

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
Luka is 17 I don't think he will grow much taller even though his father is 6´2 (weird) :huh:

Dravecky is small and slow that's what worries me I don't think there is a place in the NHL for a short and slow skating defensemen.

Both are very talented but I prefer Luka just because of his speed.

Lets hope they both grow a little bit and my comment becomes irrelevant.
Dravecky is taller than Luka...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad