Prospect Info: D Stepan Falkovsky, 186th overall

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
From the little I watched him, I think he can become a good defenseman. Solid skater for his size, quick decision making, good offensively and defensively. Not just "truculent".

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Great pick based on the name alone.

But of all the big defencemen the Flames have brought in over the last few years (Breen, Kanzig, Bruce), Falkovsky already seems like the best of them. There's some balance to his game.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
From the little I watched him, I think he can become a good defenseman. Solid skater for his size, quick decision making, good offensively and defensively. Not just "truculent".

Yeah this isn't Riley Bruce or Keegan Kanzig, he actually has some offence to him.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Great pick based on the name alone.

But of all the big defencemen the Flames have brought in over the last few years (Breen, Kanzig, Bruce), Falkovsky already seems like the best of them. There's some balance to his game.

Agreed, he's more than just Hulk Smash. Hope his lateral skating is better than the other big guys, too.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
From watching a game against London on-demand, for a 7th round pick, I'm okay with him at that point.

Big guy, who is a surprisingly good skater, for his size. His mechanics are good but lacks foot speed. Also, surprisingly for a big guy, his offensive game is certainly stronger than his defensive game from that viewing. He makes a lot of good little puck moving plays, but he really doesn't defend well with his stick or body for his size. Still a long shot, but he ha some intriguing tools.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad