Recalled/Assigned: D Simon Benoit Loaned to the Marlies

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Maybe they were worried Klingberg wasn't going to be able to go last night?

Last edited:

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
God was I ever wrong about this guy.

I thought he would be a big tough heavy hitter. Come in and clear the crease and punch faces. The reality was much different than expectations.

If he's not gonna smash opponents heads into a pulp he's almost completely useless.

It's not like Benoit had any good seasons before coming here either. He stinks now and always has. It would be a miracle for him not to stink moving forward.

He's just a godawful defenseman.

Reactions: smitty10

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Every time a player says their ex team will regret letting them go, they follow it up by playing like trash.

This guy is not an NHL calibre dman.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
This is gonna be something that happens extensively through the next few days/weeks. It's all the minute details of the cap at work. Not sure why, but it's related to that. Maybe they just want him to get familiar with the Marlies since it's likely he plays there as well?

Benoit will be the player right now to go up and down. I suspect Gambrell will go through that as well.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Do people have some expectation, that your number 8/9 D man, is an all-star calibre player? If he was an absolute NHL calibre guy, he'd be in somebody's top six.... He's not, he's a league minimum depth insurance D man... There is a reason. Really, some people need to check their expectations, if they think a 8/9 depth guy should be more than what they are.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
This is gonna be something that happens extensively through the next few days/weeks. It's all the minute details of the cap at work. Not sure why, but it's related to that. Maybe they just want him to get familiar with the Marlies since it's likely he plays there as well?

Benoit will be the player right now to go up and down. I suspect Gambrell will go through that as well.
I think he stays down barring injury. They need the space to activate Timmins down the line. By my calculations Timmins needs to stay on LTIR for 31 more days to fit under the existing space.

Reactions: SprDaVE

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
They're sending him down so he can play in the Marlies games this weekend and stay active. Nothing to do with the cap.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
I think he stays down barring injury. They need the space to activate Timmins down the line. By my calculations Timmins needs to stay on LTIR for 31 more days to fit under the existing space.
You don’t accrue cap space when you have players on LTIR.
So no they won’t have enough cap space for Timmins in 31 days irregardless of if we call up an extra skater or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: jaric1862 and Zonk

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Benoit appears to be the Jordie Benn placeholder until they figure out a proper solution to that Luke Schenn position.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad