Confirmed with Link: D Ryan Whitney Invited to Blues Camp

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
We just have so many players in camp :laugh: By my count we have 9 Dmen that were in the NHL full time last season:

Petro
JBo
Jax
Shatty
Cole
Leo
Gunnar
Butler
Prosser

Hard to get excited about a guy that spent last year in the AHL when we have so many other alternatives, especially since he was in camp last year :laugh:

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Ryan Whitney was a fine player until he got hit with the injury bug in Edmonton.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
We just have so many players in camp :laugh: By my count we have 9 Dmen that were in the NHL full time last season:

Petro
JBo
Jax
Shatty
Cole
Leo
Gunnar
Butler
Prosser

Hard to get excited about a guy that spent last year in the AHL when we have so many other alternatives, especially since he was in camp last year :laugh:

Whitney was invited just to fill out the roster while Gunnarsson is out. He'll be gone before the season starts. Prosser will play in The AHL. Butler will be mostly in the pressbox, unless Leopold is traded.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Whitney was invited just to fill out the roster while Gunnarsson is out. He'll be gone before the season starts. Prosser will play in The AHL. Butler will be mostly in the pressbox, unless Leopold is traded.
Not if Prosser continues to outplay Butler.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Not if Prosser continues to outplay Butler.
Yes,- It seems that I was wrong about Butler. Forwards seem to be able to go around him fairly easily. I hope he can play better. Otherwise it's hard to understand why he was playing so many games and all those minutes in The NHL last season.

Prosser looked okay enough for the 7th or 8th defenceman on this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad