Prospect Info: (D) Nolan Allan - 2021 32nd Overall

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
The nephew of former NHLer Chad Allan, Prince Albert defenceman Nolan Allan is carving his own path to the NHL. Drafted in the first round, third overall of the 2018 WHL Bantam Draft, Allan has not disappointed. Known for his defensive game, the offensive numbers are pedestrian though. In 16 games with Prince Albert this season Allan scored a goal and an assist for two points. He also picked up two goals and three assists for five points in five games while on a short loan with the La Ronge Ice Wolves in the SJHL. Allan really made his presence felt in a checking role for Team Canada at the IIHF Under-18 World Championships. While he scored just a goal and an assist, he was a big part of the Canadian Team that won Gold in Texas.

In 2019-20 Allan scored two goals and eight points in 56 games with Prince Albert. He was also selected to play for Team Canada Red at the Under-17 World Hockey Challenge. Allan picked up one assist in five tournament games. Allan got in seven games with Prince Albert as an underage in 2018-19. He picked up one assist.

2021 NHL Draft #68: Nolan Allan Scouting Report - LWOS

Reactions: AmericanDream

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Won’t pretend I know anything about him, but consensus was that he would have likely been available for either of our second round picks.

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
Lets complain more about giving up those 1sts for Jones. I mean, we make such great selections with those picks.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
They're always looking for Hjalmarssons but ignoring that even Hjalmarsson was a capable puck mover and point getter in his young Swedish career.

That's my main Kelley focus of what they've looked for in defensive d

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
upload_2021-7-23_22-55-12.jpeg

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
The “reach” aspect doesn’t really apply with this pick. He probably wasn’t going to be there with their 60-something pick, so get your guy. Just wish their guy brought something to the table. They’re literally trying to give away Zadorov, who Allan sounds quite similar to.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
They're always looking for Hjalmarssons but ignoring that even Hjalmarsson was a capable puck mover and point getter in his young Swedish career.

That's my main Kelley focus of what they've looked for in defensive d
Yeah you draft these types of players in the later rounds.

Allan wasn't even the best shutdown defender available. Kirsanov is leagues better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad