Prospect Info: D Mats Lindgren -- Taken 106th in 2022

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
What do you think about Lindgren?

I feel like he needs to improve a lot this season to earn a NHL contract.

I felt like he made the wrong decision with the puck all the time.

I think he really needs to take a rather major step back to not get an ELC. At the very minimum, he's the type of guy that can have a long career in the AHL.

I've never really thought of him as a guy that shouldn't get an ELC. In this tourney, he always seems to be around the puck.

We'll see.

Reactions: Jacob582

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
What do you think about Lindgren?

I feel like he needs to improve a lot this season to earn a NHL contract.

I felt like he made the wrong decision with the puck all the time.

The skating is there but my concerns are more about what I saw watching him in the 'dub than at the prospect tournament. *shrug* There is a lot of room for growth this season. He's a D+2 and should be getting all situations use this season in junior. However, I know there are times when he isn't trusted by the Red Deer staff when they are trying to lock things down and I find that a bit of a concern. But if he can string together the entire season similar to how he ended last year with some offensive production, he'll probably get looked at. I'm just... eh. I need more.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I love watching him skate, but not sure I love watching him away from the puck

He'd be a good candidate to play a different position IMO.

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I love watching him skate, but not sure I love watching him away from the puck

He'd be a good candidate to play a different position IMO.

The playoffs were kind of telling for me about where his game is at. His HC didn't trust him (and with reason, there were games his pair gave up crucial late goals) or his partner in late-game situations defensively. And he's not dynamic enough offensively so far to overcome being ho-hum in his own zone.

That said, the tools are there and at times he takes them all out of the tool box in impressive fashion. If he's more consistent with that this year, great. But I want to see it.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
More useful, for sure - more responsibility and d-zone work. Solid play in OT too, picked up an assist on the GWG.
Last season he was as useful as teats on a bull, this year he's much more engaged. You see the skating and how he thinks the game so he intrigues you, but then a lot of time his play is lackluster. I honestly don't know if he warrants an ELC

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Last season he was as useful as teats on a bull, this year he's much more engaged. You see the skating and how he thinks the game so he intrigues you, but then a lot of time his play is lackluster. I honestly don't know if he warrants an ELC

I'm in the same boat. It's not enough to be an okay offensive contributor and not be trusted in his own zone. The trust seems to be more there from the RD staff but it's not where I would want a D+2 at this point. Still open to him making a jump as this season progresses though.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
SmartSelect_20231201_085218_Instagram.jpg
SmartSelect_20231201_085229_Instagram.jpg

SmartSelect_20231201_085246_Instagram.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad