D Evan Bouchard - London Knights, OHL (2018, 10th, EDM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Ah the uninformed bringing up a video other people already tried to use to discredit the player as if it validates his own opinion when in reality you didn't watch jack and did exactly what you accuse other people who actually appreciate him of doing by watching a bias video of his play from over a season ago and forming an opinion. Congratz.

Does Bouchard have any flaws in his game that might Prevent him from being a number 1/2 D. Yes or No?

Can you 100% guarantee that Bouchard will make it to the nhl and be a number 1/2 D. Yes or No?

The nhl is getting faster now. The pace of the game is not the same as before. I think we can agree Bouchard is not the greatest skater. Most top D in the nhl are great skaters. So Because of this why isn't it fair for someone to say because of his skating he might not be a top D?

It's like I am a Quinn Hughes fan. If someone questions him and say his size might prevent him from being a top D. I am ok with that, I am not make going to make a big fuss about it. Why because there are not many Top D That Are 5-10. The argument is legit. Same as there are not many Top D that are average skaters. My argument is 100% legit.

If you only like want to hear what you hear. I don't think you should be on a hockey forum.

You do realize just because you are great D. Doesn't mean you will become great D in the nhl.

Last edited:

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Does Bouchard have any flaws in his game that might Prevent him from being a number 1/2 D. Yes or No?

Can you 100% guarantee that Bouchard will make it to the nhl and be a number 1/2 D. Yes or No?

The nhl is getting faster now. The pace of the game is not the same as before. I think we can agree Bouchard is not the greatest skater. Most top D in the nhl are great skaters. So Because of this why isn't it fair for someone to say because of his skating he might not be a top D?

It's like I am a Quinn Hughes fan. If someone questions him and say his size might prevent him from being a top D. I am ok with that, I am not make going to make a big fuss about it. Why because there are not many Top D That Are 5-10. The argument is legit. Same as there are not many Top D that are average skaters. My argument is 100% legit.

If you only like want to hear what you hear. I don't think you should be on a hockey forum.

You do realize just because you are great D. Doesn't mean you will become great D in the nhl.
No prospect is a guaranteed anything except for guys like Mcdavid/Crosby.

I share the sentiment that Bouchard needs to improve his defensive game, this is why I want him in the AHL next year.

However, I disagree on the skating and IQ. Bouchard's vision/IQ are his best assets, he's incredibly smart and poised with the puck. His skating isnt anything special but it gets the job done, although I'd like him to work on his first step since he takes so long on getting going.

If he can take a step defensively as well as improve his acceleration he will be a #1dman imo.

Just like (in your team's case) if Hughes can tighten up defensively and develop strength/a better shot, he will be a #1dman...

I see a lot of Burns/Carlson in Bouchard's game and Hughes kinda reminds be of Paul Coffey a bit. I have no doubt that if they both continue to work on their craft they will be special players. No prospect is guaranteed to hit, some do, many don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino