D Erik Brannstrom (2017, 15th, VGK - Traded to OTT)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Why did Vegas sent Brännström to the AHL?...that, is a complete mystery to me.
Without a doubt was not only their best d-man in the preseason, but their best player as well.

Excellent modern hockey d-man, would make any NHL d better.

I thought Gallant was smart and knew his business.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Without a doubt was not only their best d-man in the preseason, but their best player as well.

He still has things to work on. He can't fill in for Schmidt and that is by far the biggest issue with the Vegas blue line. I do think he is back before the season ends and makes it hard to go back down.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
He still has things to work on. He can't fill in for Schmidt and that is by far the biggest issue with the Vegas blue line. I do think he is back before the season ends and makes it hard to go back down.

I disagree. I think he would of filled Schmidt's shoes quite well if given a chance.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Erik Brannstrom is like a mix of Erik Karlsson and Toby Enstrom. Think I'm lying?

Erik Karlsson
Tobias Enstrom

I disagree. I think he would of filled Schmidt's shoes quite well if given a chance.

He may get that chance soon enough if Vegas keeps playing poorly.

Erik had a rough 1st half of the game last night. He had some poor reads and at one point simply gave the puck away on the power play. He didn't look terribly confident.

Then about halfway through the game he settled in and looked as good as ever. I think it's gonna take about 20 pro games for him to get acclimatized to North American hockey and be able to play at the NHL level.

I think it's going to be hard to keep him down in the AHL around the deadline. Room will be made to get him on the roster by Feb.

Reactions: ColbyChaos

Wings4Life

Apr 11, 2007
Ov Steamrolls Jagr!

It was the right call. He had a good chance to make it with the holes Vegas has to deal with on LD, but he is not NHL ready just yet. Should develop just fine with the Wolves this year.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Left game two in the 1st after two Eagle takes a run at him behind the net, possible concussion. Hate to see promising young players taken out for career AHLers.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Left game two in the 1st after two Eagle takes a run at him behind the net, possible concussion. Hate to see promising young players taken out for career AHLers.

Is that boarding or what? that is crap. Hopefully not as bad as it appears.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Is that boarding or what? that is crap. Hopefully not as bad as it appears.

Looked like boarding from Boikov, but Bass was taking a run at him high as well. Looked to go face first into the boards.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Looked like boarding from Boikov, but Bass was taking a run at him high as well. Looked to go face first into the boards.

Perhaps he should be in the ahl developing but if he's in the nhl that doesn't happen. It's just bs to me.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Out indefinitely with a concussion from the Boikov hit.

it wasn't from Boikov it was Bass. No suspension for the charge, either.

and source? Last I heard Rocky Thompson he was expected to be back by the weekend when they play their 3rd game.

Last edited:

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
it wasn't from Boikov it was Bass. No suspension for the charge, either.

and source? Last I heard Rocky Thompson he was expected to be back by the weekend when they play their 3rd game.
The tweet(well, tweets) seem to have gotten removed as I can't find it. :huh:

He's not on the ice for practice today, though:

E: looks like the tweets were removed due to false information, some new info:

Last edited:

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Did somebody say "Another game, another point"? The BrannWagon now at 7 points in as many games, he scored one from the point on the PP today in a 3-2 loss but it got changed into an assist.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad