Prospect Info: D Declan Chisholm (2018 5th, 150th overall) - Signed ELC

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Every time I worked at Moose games, this kid stood out to me. Very calm and fluid puck moving ability, defensively not too bad (AHL level at least). He's a gamer for sure. Chisholm, Heinola and Samberg wouldn't be a bad defense core to build around for the future.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Every time I worked at Moose games, this kid stood out to me. Very calm and fluid puck moving ability, defensively not too bad (AHL level at least). He's a gamer for sure. Chisholm, Heinola and Samberg wouldn't be a bad defense core to build around for the future.

I agree with this post, however I'm not at all sold on Heinola. He's not physical enough, and looks timid to me in the defensive zone. Unless he really picks up his game, and is teamed up with a bigger physical defenseman, he will end up going the way of Niku. ( to another team)

The guys I am impressed with are Chisholm and Samberg. That Chishom guy is very poised and makes nice fluid puck moving plays, as you say, and looks like a very skilled defenseman. I think this guy will surprise a lot of people. I noticed his skills from hi lite reels when he played junior. He took command of the blue line like a pro, and dictated play.

Samberg looks good as well, and I'd like to see them get regular playing time with the Jets "right now" so we can see what we have.

I call to mind Columbus, who is playing a lot of their first year guys this year, and are beating some very good teams. They just blew out Carolina the other night. Problem was before, is that Maurice just did not play the young prospects, which was a big mistake. I believe young guys mature these days a lot faster than in the old days.

Last edited:

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
From what I gathered he has improved allot since his draft year. Quite often we hear the hockey phrase "Best player available". But allot of the times the code to crack is probably "player most likely to improve" (enough to make a dent in the NHL)
He was also injured his draft year which caused him to fall fwiw. He returned to health and since then has been on a steady upwards trajectory

Reactions: GNP

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
From what I saw against Detroit, I think Chisholm and Samberg will become mainstays on the Jets blueline.(sooner than later) They both look great and like they belong.

Because of this, I think the Jets trade Dillon ( although good) and aquire a gritty 2 way player for our 3rd line. ( maybe 2ndline) They also may consider trading Schmidt, because this will save the Jets huge money on the Cap space. I think they keep Schmidt however, and trade Dillon.

Also possible they may part with Stanley ?? -- there are now a lot of options. ( I like Stanley tho.)

It's great to see our future prospect pool looking so good.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Chisel played okay in sheltered minutes against a bottom tier team but let's not get carried away.
Actually , if Kovs wasn't in protocol, he probably would have been the call up.

Reactions: Jet

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Chisel played okay in sheltered minutes against a bottom tier team but let's not get carried away.
Actually , if Kovs wasn't in protocol, he probably would have been the call up.
I really liked the way he moved the puck in some offensive situations but yeah I think he's still a ways away especially considering who's ahead of him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad