U18: Czech U18 team 2024

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Thought skok would easily make it. Goodman will be devastated
Yeah, I wrote that even though I didn't see him play much this year, based on how he looked in the championship last year (after a few substitutions, it was obvious that he wasn't good enough for this level as a year younger), I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't get into nominations. I apologize to him, maybe it's not because of me..:surrender

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
And I like this team a lot. Even if they don't win or make semis. I like this group
If they play what they have, I'll be fine with him. I don't want to see them play like last year's team under magister Petr. Then I won't like them one bit....:nono:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
If they play what they have, I'll be fine with him. I don't want to see them play like last year's team under magister Petr. Then I won't like them one bit....:nono:
They will play like Hlinka and that was a fun team to watch! The Petr team was the worst one of our very nice last seasons! U20 was great, Hlinka was great. U18 was awful!

World's were bad to but I do think losing Chytil and Chlapik in game 1 hurt us a lot. I think we lost a third good player right away too!

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
They will play like Hlinka and that was a fun team to watch! The Petr team was the worst one of our very nice last seasons! U20 was great, Hlinka was great. U18 was awful!

World's were bad to but I do think losing Chytil and Chlapik in game 1 hurt us a lot. I think we lost a third good player right away too!
Plus we also tried to play something we were obviously terrible at under Jalonen. Rulik style is much more suitable for us.

This U18 is not the best in a way what it could have been if not for injuries and some strange cuts. But it's still good so we will see. The friendlies weren't very convincing though. Today will tell a lot, this must be a 100% W or we are probably out in the QF.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Normally when I tune in the team gets worse. This time they started scoring.

Empty net and up 3-0 seems encouraging right now. We need to beat the Swiss and Kazahistan to avoid the US. That's really the goal in my eyes.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Kos with Benak and Galvas with Mrtka could be very good.
Mrtka starting in Top 4 is very encouraging... normally we favor an older 'stay at home' type vet. But our last few teams seem to be more oriented around puck moving D and they are using a very good one from a younger age group. It's encouraging even if we lose to see the shift in mentality.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Another year, same crap. Czechs suffered a win. At least they didn't choke it away like they usually do, so avoiding USA is a very likely scenario at this point, which is all that matters.

Reactions: Goodman68

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Another year, same crap. Czechs suffered a win. At least they didn't choke it away like they usually do, so avoiding USA is a very likely scenario at this point, which is all that matters.
Was it really that bad ? I didn't watch and don't know the relative strength of Swiss u18 just know Muggli and Ustinkov are good.

Important is we got a W from probably the most important game in the group and very likely will avoid US in the quarters.

We will see tomorrow how strong this team actually is lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Was it really that bad ? I didn't watch and don't know the relative strength of Swiss u18 just know Muggli and Ustinkov are good.

Important is we got a W from probably the most important game in the group and very likely will avoid US in the quarters.

We will see tomorrow how strong this team actually is lol
And we got a shutout. PP scored. I'm happy with the third period I saw and ecstatic with the result. 5 years ago we were routinely losing to the Swiss. They only got 17 shots today.

Reactions: martygod12

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Awful game from both teams, just bad quality of hockey. But that's par for the course in these early tournament games. It's the first game with the final roster and nerves play a role now that the games matter. So getting a 3-0 win should make Czechs very happy.

The only individual note I'd like to make: Mrtka will be a stud.

Reactions: Czechboy

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
Tak to je moc:laugh::laugh::help:
Two unfortunate goals and the game's over, the only question is by how many goals.

Then again yesterday's perfomace was so poor nobody could have expected otherwise. I just want to know who is responsible for the PPs. 5 on 3 and every single players is standing, zero movement. Benak buried behind the net where he can do next to nothing is the cherry on top. Though he hasn't been good four periods in.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Seems like this team is not mentaly ready again sadly. Two 5min penalties thats just unforgivable. On the other hand Canada gave us quite a bit of chances too for the PP and we didnt do anything with it. Dont deserve to win this at all.

At least the supply of goals stopped, was dreading something really terrible like 14-1 or something when I saw the first ten minutes.

They must be on the whole different level against Sweden not only in their play but also in their heads.

This is extremelly dissapointing given the team really look strong on the paper, lot of guys going through draft or should be going through draft high this or next year.

But something is not working so far sadly, it was a struggle from the first friendly and it doesnt seem to improve.

Hope that really stacked U17 team wont fail this bad also next year.

Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Seems like this team is not mentaly ready again sadly. Two 5min penalties thats just unforgivable. On the other hand Canada gave us quite a bit of chances too for the PP and we didnt do anything with it. Dont deserve to win this at all.

At least the supply of goals stopped, was dreading something really terrible like 14-1 or something when I saw the first ten minutes.

They must be on the whole different level against Sweden not only in their play but also in their heads.

This is extremelly dissapointing given the team really look strong on the paper, lot of guys going through draft or should be going through draft high this or next year.

But something is not working so far sadly, it was a struggle from the first friendly and it doesnt seem to improve.

Hope that really stacked U17 team wont fail this bad also next year.
Mock away.. I thought we were better in 2nd period. We will obviously lose and Canada deserves the win. They were better. But we had a lot of great looks. George has been great in net.

They didn't fold and seemed to have regrouped which is encouraging. I still say semis .. dammit!

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Mock away.. I thought we were better in 2nd period. We will obviously lose and Canada deserves the win. They were better. But we had a lot of great looks. George has been great in net.

They didn't fold and seemed to have regrouped which is encouraging. I still say semis .. dammit!
5:0 we got milion PP, 5/3 .. 5min PP .. didnt score once so far I am sorry, but this really doesnt seem encouraging at all

Canada really gave us more then enough chances to bounce back in this game considering how the start went, and we did absolutely nothing with it.

I wish I am wrong of course, but something is off with this team. Looks like one more W against Kazaks and then QF loss. Hope not, just saying what it is

Last edited:
Marty saying we are out New

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
5:0 we got milion PP, 5/3 .. 5min PP .. didnt score once so far I am sorry, but this really doesnt seem encouraging at all

Canada really gave us more then enough chances to bounce back in this game considering how the start went, and we did absolutely nothing with it.

I wish I am wrong of course, but something is off with this team. Looks like one more W against Kazaks and then QF loss. Hope not, just saying what it is
We shall see...

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
Czechs could have been up a man the whole game and they would have still gotten shut out,

I am only half kidding.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I didn't see it yesterday, I was at the league final, of course. But I watched the game today (from the second period to be sure) and the game really didn't look that bad. Unfortunately, if we allow ourselves to score four goals so quickly, it is decided against such an opponent. Tomorrow, please, a better start to the match and drama until the end..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad