Czech Republic wins the Bronze, USA wins nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Accord

Sep 25, 2004
South Florida

http://www.canada.com/sports/story.html?id=34689d7a-e099-477b-a279-e75a3d2de6cc

Too bad we here in American couldn't even see it...

St.Louis sports fan

Mar 1, 2002
St. Louis
Visit site
Thanks for nothing ESPN(frickin women's billiards).
Plusses for USA:
Ryan Suter--Great poise at both ends of the ice and played well against the top forwards.
Drew Stafford--Leadership oozes everywhere. Really stepped up and scored some huge goals. He will be a solid pro-no doubt.
Dan Fritsche---I thought at times tried to do too much by himself, but his effort is top notch. Also hope his injuries are behind him because he is fun to watch.
Patrick O'Sullivan--His finishing was a little off in the tourney, but he ripped a bomb over the goalies shoulder vs. Sweden. I thought he battled well and is a poor man's Joe Sakic(awesome).
Phil Kessel---OK i'm as guilty as anyone. I drolled all over myself after the first four games, but he's got improving to do in th finishing dpt. No doubt he will get stronger and improve on that, but his speed is unreal.
Robbie Schremp---No doubt has a very deceptive shot. No goalie really saved any shot clean on him. Has got some finish on him but at times was a little too one on one.
Kevin Porter---really impressed me--plays in every situation and his shot was almost always on the net. Finished his chances and played physical throughout, but he did take too many penalties.
Jake Dowell----played alot like Porter minus the finishing. He is better setting up than finishing, but also too many bad penalties especially vs. Russia.
Mike Brown---played his role well and with his speed I hoped he would takethe puck to the net more than he did, but sold.

As far as the rest:
Ryan Callahan-played the pest role too much--dumb penalties(Tyson Nash)
Chris Bourque-played very good until the injury--will be back next year...
T.J. Hensick--real good speed, but not alot of icetime. Wish he were an '86 so could ge a redo next year.
Adam Pineault--Hardly any icetime, but should get major role next year.
Shawn Weller---Did nothing for me at all.
I won't even comment on the defense and goaltending as they both go hand in hand, but I hope next year they will be better as Hagemo and Lee return. How is Jack Johnson looking now? Where was A.J Thelan? Anyone else should've made the team??????Thanks for your replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad