Lake - Perlini - Hammond

Ehrhardt - Clements
Davies - Myers - Phillips

Jones
Ferrara - Lachowicz - Betteridge
Long

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
That's about 17 hours rest since last game for GBR against a well rested favorite. It should mean trouble for GBR.

member 305909

That's about 17 hours rest since last game for GBR against a well rested favorite. It should mean trouble for GBR.

Do teams themselves have any say on how the schedules are made or is it unilaterally dictated by the IIHF?

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Do teams themselves have any say on how the schedules are made or is it unilaterally dictated by the IIHF?

I'm not sure. I know that every team has back to back games. Some teams get tougher opponent in the second day of the back to back games. It's not really fair and has never been. I also don't know if there is a solution to it if they want to keep the tournament length the same.

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
How are the Czechs only 4-1 up after the way this game has gone so far?? If they are this wasteful against decent opposition they can kiss the quarter finals goodbye.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
This was an one-sided game but Liam Kirk has been so good for GB. He is looking shoulders above the rest of the team. Would not be surprised if he really earns a contract with Arizona.

ChaiTiefling

Aug 29, 2006
Manchester, UK
A tired GB versus a Czech team with a point to prove, result as expected. Good to hear from Klok afterwards that they took us as a serious threat and wanted to shut it down early.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Hope the GB goalie is okay. Kirk looks great! Nice match.

Regarding schedule, I think the host team has some say in the format. Not much as they all follow a similar recipe but they can do a few things to their advantage. Seeding also affects your scheduling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad