GDT: Czech Republic - Norway

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Very efficient first period performance by the Czechs. The Norwegians were active, had a lot of shots on goal, but took stupid penalties for a 5 on 3, and later Flek made it 2-0 after a great pass from Kempny. Nice!

Kubalik with a tournament-leading 7th goal to make it 1-0.

Last edited:
Reactions: Czechboy

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Uncharacteristically, the Norwegians had 15 shots on goal in the first period (Czechs: 9).

I guess most Czech posters here are based in North America and currently asleep :)

Reactions: Czechboy

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Unbelievably stupid and unnecessary penalty taken by Vozenilek. 5 minute power play for Norway plus game penalty. Totally unnecessary boarding.

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
The Czechs should have scored short handed. Terrible terrible finish. Two Czechs alone in front of the Norwegian goalie…

Come on, that's not worth even two minutes, just hockey play
It was completely unnecessary though

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
…and another breakaway p***d away

We had our best chances of the game short handed 😀 But a good, active penalty kill for 7 straight minutes.

Yenn 22

Dec 31, 2019
OK, this officiating is pure joke.. I simply don't understand it. Are they trying to make hockey contact less sport or what?

Reactions: Old Man Jags

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Well considering se played most of the period shorthanded, still 2:0 and shots 8:7 is a great result lol. Good pk from us

Reactions: Old Man Jags

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
norway is scary bad offensively. 11 f***** minutes on PP and they ended up with less sog in that period (8-7 in favour of czechs) and ofc 0 goals. since trettenes looks kinda washed up and haga decided to stop scoring after game one, this team can't finish anything

Reactions: Fjorden

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
norway is scary bad offensively. 11 f***** minutes on PP and they ended up with less sog in that period (8-7 in favour of czechs) and ofc 0 goals. since trettenes looks kinda washed up and haga decided to stop scoring after game one, this team can't finish anything
The Czechs also had more chances to score short handed than the Norwegians had on their loooong power plays. Despite scoring 2 goals in the first period, one can argue that the Czechs played better in the second - very good PK.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Everything Spacek can do in this game is crosspassing to Cervenka, pathetic..
Špaček is by far the worst forward on this team. And, honestly: Can anybody point at a WCH tournament where he was good? I know some fans like him, but he is not a national team player in my eyes. Even on a team like this, with no big stars, he is simply weak. He should be benched with the arrival of Radim Zohorna. I don't understand what is he doing in the PP unit. He is slow with finishing, not creative on passes, and not strong enough to play in front of the net. Useless player on the PP.

Reactions: Jablkon

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
Špaček is by far the worst forward on this team. And, honestly: Can anybody point at a WCH tournament where he was good? I know some fans like him, but he is not a national team player in my eyes. Even on a team like this, with no big stars, he is simply weak. He should be benched with the arrival of Radim Zohorna. I don't understand what is he doing in the PP unit. He is slow with finishing, not creative on passes, and not strong enough to play in front of the net. Useless player on the PP.
Smejkal Tomasek, Spacek, they ale have to be much better. So as Chlapik.

Reactions: BigBadBoar

patas92

Nov 29, 2019
We dont have any right handed forwrads. He is terrible, but to be fair, Cervenka on the oposite side of that PP is doing next to nothing as well. I dont understand why they are still coming as first to PP when there is absolutely no danger coming from ther unit.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Just finished watching it...

We have lost all our best players and are in the quarters! Great job! Seriously.

Vejmelka made a lot of big saves. He is so much calmer at World's in the net to my eye. Arizona he flops around a lot more imo. Given our 'power outage' (our best scorers are missing) he is probably the most important player for Quarters.

I love that we got a lead and quietly just finished the game which is key in a tournment.. get the lead, protect it, win and take 3 points. Perfect! Teams have been doing this to us for years.lol

PP was disapointing and we had a lot of chances.

Didn't think the Vozelnik hit was even a penalty and I HATE head hits.. hate them. Maybe it is a Czech bias and I have rose colour glasses on but I simply didn't see it.

The Smejkal 2 on 0 shot was something I would do in beer league.lol

Flek scored on a breakway.. this never happens! So happy for him when it does workout.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad