GDT: Czech Republic/Czechia/El Chechiorono vs U.S.A. @7:30pm PT/ 10:30pm ET/ 4:30am CEST

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
They sat back pretty much right after the third goal. The golden era Czechs probably wouldn't have taken that five minute major but otherwise it was the same playbook.

"Sat back" in the 2022 context, yes. But classic 2005 "sat back" is different. They didn't start playing that cautiously until the third.

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
I don't think the Canadians should think the Czech's will be easy. Once a team finds out they are able to beat a giant (the USA) they tend to get better and more confident.

If you can beat one of them why can't you do it again?:D
because that other giant just beat you rather easily...

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I expect Canada to win for a couple reasons :

1) We're the better / more talented team;
2) The Czechs will be "exhausted" (not the right word but I can't think of a better word at 2 in the morning) after over achieving to beat a Top 4 team.

Having said that, I expect it to be close and the Czechs could win.

No matter what, it's been a heck of a tournament. I am so glad they played it.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
thats not how it works...:huh:

A wolf that is scared of humans is not dangerous (Czech getting beat up by Canada)

if that wolf later on takes down a human and finds it enjoys its taste? well that is dangerous.(Czechs beating the U.S)

I think the Canadians will feel like they are playing an entirely different team then before.

Reactions: majormajor

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Oh USA did a Sweden. Being worst when i counts.

This tournament, Sweden is being worst all the time. Great concept , u will never disappoint.

My heart hate Finland vs Sweden games. But this year any effort at all from the Swedes will be an upgrade.

I expect 35-15 in shots and 4-0 in goals for Finland. They will win easy, but not until third period.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Oh USA did a Sweden. Being worst when i counts.

This tournament, Sweden is being worst all the time. Great concept , u will never disappoint.

My heart hate Finland vs Sweden games. But this year any effort at all from the Swedes will be an upgrade.

I expect 35-15 in shots and 4-0 in goals for Finland. They will win easy, but not until third period.

Don't be so sure. I believe Sweden will win with Wallstedt in net.
You guys have a 9-10 in net and we have a 1-2, you'll probably understand what i mean.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Don't be so sure. I believe Sweden will win with Wallstedt in net.
You guys have a 9-10 in net and we have a 1-2, you'll probably understand what i mean.
I tought Finlands goalie was better when sweden lost the last game. It is always fun to play agains Finland thou. No matter in wich tournament. I want Sweden to win. But they need way more Sisu to have any chance. Eklund Raymond Holtz is surely missed.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I had a feeling Czech could be capable of this. Congrats to Czech. You can make it hard against Canada as well and maybe even beat them. The underdog position suits Czech well this year, that's why Czech-Latvia didn't go so well lol. Underdog status again against Canada should make it a tight game. Maybe some underestimating from Canada and some luck on the bounces and good goalie work is required for the Czechs though. It's not an impossible task for the Czechs.

Shocker

Dec 20, 2019
Wow, great job from the Czechs, saved Finland from another beating from Canada and gave us Finland-Sweden semis!

Reactions: jonlin

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Thank you Czechia! Now Finland avoids Canada and get Sweden. I 100x rather face Swedes than Canada.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad