Recalled/Assigned: Curtis Lazar recalled... again

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Interesting to see this happen. Bennett and Monahan getting some time to get life together maybe? Not happy with Quine? Neal still not good to go?

Or is he here merely to eat popcorn (again).

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I have Bennett as a depth guy in h2h fantasty........is he going to be out for a while?

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
I expect to see more of this. We clinched a playoff spot and have more or less clinched home ice, with Vegas being 10 points back. If we have guys that aren’t 100%, it’s important to get them healthy earlier and back to playing before the playoffs start.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I expect to see more of this. We clinched a playoff spot and have more or less clinched home ice, with Vegas being 10 points back. If we have guys that aren’t 100%, it’s important to get them healthy earlier and back to playing before the playoffs start.

Still want that first spot in the West.

Big difference between playing the Yotes in round one, and playing MAF and Vegas in round one

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary

He'll only play if both Bennett and Monahan are unable to go. Since it's an emergency recall, we still have 2 more regular recalls available until the playoffs start.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Still want that first spot in the West.

Big difference between playing the Yotes in round one, and playing MAF and Vegas in round one
I think everyone would but realistically I’d rather have home ice and healthy in the first round, than home ice and banged up in the 2nd round....if it came down to it. Plus the Sharks will be doing the same thing, so I think there’s a still a good shot.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
I've always liked Lazar- I hope he gets in to a game and gets a chance to shine. Could be a great bottom line option moving forward if his confidence has returned.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
I've always liked Lazar- I hope he gets in to a game and gets a chance to shine. Could be a great bottom line option moving forward if his confidence has returned.
I agree. He deserves a game, at least. On paper, I think he’s a better option than Hathaway, but I’d like a chance to see how he fits with the big club.

Reactions: Flameshomer

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
I agree. He deserves a game, at least. On paper, I think he’s a better option than Hathaway, but I’d like a chance to see how he fits with the big club.
I like Hathaway too, I just think Lazar has more tools overall. The key being whether or not he can put it together in the nhl level. Garnet is older but was much more dominant at the AHL level.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
I like Hathaway too, I just think Lazar has more tools overall. The key being whether or not he can put it together in the nhl level. Garnet is older but was much more dominant at the AHL level.
Hathaway has been decent this year but he’s never been dominant at anything. I think in a lot of ways Lazar’s season has been far more impressive than Hathaway’s 18 game hot streak. It’s more or less splitting hairs, Hathaway has been fine and is a good PK guy. I just think Lazar is the better hockey player but that doesn’t necessarily mean the best fit, which is why I’d like to have a look at him.

Last edited:

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
On paper I like the Quine - Lazar - Hathaway line... a little bit of everything. Quine brings the offense, Lazar brings the speed, Hathaway brings the grit, all three bring some serious tenacity.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
On paper I like the Quine - Lazar - Hathaway line... a little bit of everything. Quine brings the offense, Lazar brings the speed, Hathaway brings the grit, all three bring some serious tenacity.

I like it too. Almost wish we could see Lazar on Thursday but I doubt the emergency status stays that way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad