Post-Game Talk: Cups @ Kansas City Scouts, 7:37 (not the plane)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Resting himself .

Nine games, two more goals.

giphy.webp

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Hey guys, TB fan coming in peace. Just wanted to say I noted Brett Connolly (TB draft pick) notching his 20th tonight, with over 2o assists to go along with it. Great to see him finding his way. Good luck tomorrow. :)

Yeah, he is a feel good story. I'm glad he has turned things around here. He seems like a pretty good person and he's really grown his game.

Likely priced himself out of Washington, though. Going to miss him next year. :(

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
Just a little tweak:
Caps - Isles
Pens - Canes
Tampans - Jackets
Bos -TML
Wouldn't mind the jackets playing the Pens instead, last time if memory serves CBJ beat ten shades of shit out of the Pens - though they seem to have more skill on their roster this time around.

Imagine completely selling the farm and all your decent draft picks for the foreseeable future and being matched against Tampa in the first round - OUCH

Reactions: RandyHolt

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Not sure how you keep Djoos out of the lineup. He makes our breakouts so much smoother and is a threat in the offensive zone.

He does have untapped potential in the offensive end, and made a decent case for himself last night. But to REALLY make his case he needs to contribute defensively - I would like to see him in some tough matchups and get some PK work. Let's see where he is at.

Maybe he will be tried at forward one day....

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I like Djoos but don't over react to him having a good game vs the AHL Devils roster now

The things he did last night, he did in our cup run as well. A general rule, when a player is clearly and directly contributing to offensive chances and goals, Dzone liabilities become much more likely to be overlooked.

If round 1 sees us facing a cupcake finesse team, I am not so sure we can rule him out of the lineup, if even as a 7th D. Which we have done before, only in the playoffs, with Todd running the D.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
The things he did last night, he did in our cup run as well. A general rule, when a player is clearly and directly contributing to offensive chances and goals, Dzone liabilities become much more likely to be overlooked.

If round 1 sees us facing a cupcake finesse team, I am not so sure we can rule him out of the lineup, if even as a 7th D. Which we have done before, only in the playoffs, with Todd running the D.

Well be extraordinarily lucky if we go through a playoff run only using 6 dman. We got lucky last year with generally good health. We should expect our depth to be tested this year. Glad we have plenty of it.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Well be extraordinarily lucky if we go through a playoff run only using 6 dman. We got lucky last year with generally good health. We should expect our depth to be tested this year. Glad we have plenty of it.

I think having no broken battered ineffective Mike Green with 1 arm is better than everyone in Hershey combined!!1! dmen had a big hand in our cup securement.

For the record: No, Mike Green with one arm was a liability. I am still pissed Bruce used him exclusively for the full PP, even though both Pothier and Jurcina scored in that meltdown Pitt series, and had effectively pinch hit on the PP in their careers. The Pens knew Green couldnt and wouldnt shoot all series. In MY famous Varly cross checked in the head vid, you can see him try to clear the Grease Goonitz with one arm.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad