Post-Game Talk: Cups @ Kansas City Scouts, 7:37 (not the plane)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Whoa, Djoos in for Orpik? Fascinating!

Maybe just maintenance rest for the old man. But good to see they feel Djoos is healthy enough to play again. This will be the most mobile Caps D in ages. And maybe the least physical?

Saving him and Holts for tomorrow. A bit worried the team will be thinking too much about Weds to get 2pts from this one.

If it were me, I bring up DSP for tomorrow's game and sit Stevie Wonder.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
At this point I'm convinced Stephenson is paying Reirden to stay in the lineup. No other explanations really.

I'm guessing it's because he's part of the "cup-winning team" so there's some loyalty there. Otherwise I have no clue.

"Had a spark when you started, but now you're just garbage." :blush::cry:

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

Maybe just maintenance rest for the old man. But good to see they feel Djoos is healthy enough to play again. This will be the most mobile Caps D in ages. And maybe the least physical?

My guess is that they want Orpik fresh for Tampa Bay. Just a guess.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
I'm guessing it's because he's part of the "cup-winning team" so there's some loyalty there. Otherwise I have no clue.

"Had a spark when you started, but now you're just garbage." :blush::cry:
By that logic Dsp should have still been in DC and f***ing that whole 4th line up. I'm really trying hard to see anything that 18 brings to the table for this team. He legit is a useless waste of a spot.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
By that logic Dsp should have still been in DC and ****ing that whole 4th line up. I'm really trying hard to see anything that 18 brings to the table for this team. He legit is a useless waste of a spot.

Whoever it was that called him "irrelevant" was dead on. At least DSP hits like a truck and blocks shots.

.....and Chan will score today probably.

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England

Really interested to see how it works out - basically a preview of next year. Hoping to see us able to skate out our own zone and transition well.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Why did they insert 18 for Dowd? Maybe latter was dinged. Why do they scratch 72? Easy question. Isnt doing much lately.

Now they can unleash Hags, Dowd and Chan on PK and then have fresh 6 guys for next 2 shifts (one of Eller/Backstrom gets less PK load). Maybe less Oshie on PK. Thats something at least.

Im fine with Boyd sitting while all centers are healthy.

On the other hand, prospects of DSP coming back hungry are tempting.

Bring on the Pens! We against them in 1st round is ideal I think.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I want to get the max out of Max 8

s-l300.jpg

Reactions: StrikingDistance

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Am I too young or too British to get this? (Maybe both?)

NAILED IT

There was a show in the 1980's called Fantasy Island, and this guy used to yell, da plane da plane. It circles back to OP talking about the Boeing 737 Max 8, our grounded plane. Grounded because it nose dives yet no one thought it would be wise to alert pilots of a new software program they installed called MCAS, to help prevent stalls when climbing. Which apparently happens when planes take off. So as pilots took off, if only one AOA sensor got a bad reading, it would put the shiny new plane into a dive. No redundancy on that sensor... :facepalm:

When in a dive, it takes ~50KG of force to pull back the stick. Which is roughly both pilots feet on the dash board pulling back with all their strength. All the while as they are mere thousands of feet above ground, expected to be following a troubleshooting guide.

Which again, made no mention of MCAS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad