"Cups 2006 NHL Entry Draft - 3 Round Mock Draft"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
good list, better then I could come up with for sure. Only thing I might change from a Carolina perspective is that they might take a flyer on local prospect Kai Kantola at the end of the 3rd. He's exactly the type of player the Canes have been building around with their trades of late and has an absolutely rediculous set of hands.

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
I think the Caps take Erik Johnson if he is there. Not really their need, but you can't pass up a #1 D-man who hits, has a great shot and is improving. As much as we need a C you just take Erik. 2nd pick is a toss-up between Staal and Kessel. 3rd on our board would be the other. 4th Toews, 5th Backstrom 6th Mueller 7th Sheppard 8th Okposo. I have heard said no golaie would go before 17. Looks like Bernier then. Caps would love to get a 2nd pick and pick the 1st goalie.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
I would agree with irish Blues that the Blues take Staal ahead of Kessel... I'd go as far as to say that I could see Jarmo Kekalainen going with Backstrom ahead of Kessel.

Hiller with the 30th pick is OK by me, although I wouldn't mind Luke Lynes with that pick, wither. I'd definitely take Lynes instead of Clutterbuck with the second pick in the second round.

McDonough in the third round is OK also, but I'm leaning towards Cody Wild with that pick.

Goalie-wise, I can't see Reto Berra being picked ahead of Riku Helenius or Leland Irving...

Otherwise, not bad. Good work. :handclap:

P_B

:bow: :blues

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
detroit needs to replenish the wing spots. We are soooooo deep at center. First 3 rounds if detroit still contains them when going into the draft should be more along the lines for big wingers, size wise, and a scoring touch... then a defensemen in ther, perferably after round 1

execwrite

May 4, 2002
Peekskill, NY
Visit site
Put me down as another Blues fan who can absolutely positively guarantee that St. Louis will pick Staal over Kessel.

But if the Blues get the first pick I think they'll take Erik Johnson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad