Confirmed with Link: Cundari signs 1 year, two way contract

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Flames sign Cundari

1 year, 2 way dealas per the Flames app

http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=727169&navid=DL|CGY|home

The Calgary Flames announced today that they have signed defenceman Mark Cundari to a one-year two-way contract.

Cundari, a native of Woodbridge, ON, played four games with the Flames in 2013-14. He played an additional 56 games with the Abbotsford Heat and Chicago Wolves of the American Hockey League scoring 9 goals and 14 assists for 23 points along with 73 penalty minutes. The former two time Memorial Cup champion with the Windsor Spitfires was originally acquired by the Flames, along with Reto Berra and a 1st round pick, on April 1, 2013 from St. Louis in exchange for Jay Bouwmeester.

Last edited:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'm going to guess it is for $600k again, but with $120k in the AHL

TychoFan

Feb 24, 2013
Canada
Interesting to see how the last piece of the Bouwmeester trade does in a make or break season.

Well as it stands it's Bouwmeester for Poirier, Hunter Smith and Cundari basically. If all are useful to our NHL team then I think we're good.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Think he will be playing on the Heat (EDIT: I mean A Flames) all season, hopefully he has an improved season with a new coach at the helm.

Last edited:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
TBH I was surprised he got re-signed...
I think the only reason he was given a qualifying offer is because Billins left for Russia. They couldn't have the ADK Flames with Wotherspoon as their most experienced defenseman going into free agency.

JulianHopper*

Good signing by the Flames even though it's only a 1 year two way deal.

I thought Mark Cundari was all right when he played up with the Flames for a few games.

Good to see the Flames thought so too and are giving him another year with a chance to move up.

marbsarebad

Jul 20, 2013
Olympia, WA
I think the only reason he was given a qualifying offer is because Billins left for Russia. They couldn't have the ADK Flames with Wotherspoon as their most experienced defenseman going into free agency.

Isn't Sena Acolates the most experienced D man on the team?

Edit: Going INTO free agency. Nvm. Forgot that they lost Smith, Breen and O'Brien. Young defence in Addy I guess.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
/shrug non-factor at the NHL level. I don't see a spot for him in the future. I wish this guy was like 6 inches taller lol!

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Isn't Sena Acolates the most experienced D man on the team?

Edit: Going INTO free agency. Nvm. Forgot that they lost Smith, Breen and O'Brien. Young defence in Addy I guess.
Even then, Cundari has 4 years AHL experience, Acolatse only has 3 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $200.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00