OT: Crosby's "Pyramid Trick"

scott99

May 13, 2005
There are so many players that can do amazing things with the puck, I remember our own Robert Nilsson scoring a "lacrosse" goal in a Bridgeport game. But so few can translate that into in game greatness.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
There are so many players that can do amazing things with the puck, I remember our own Robert Nilsson scoring a "lacrosse" goal in a Bridgeport game. But so few can translate that into in game greatness.

Somewhere, Rob Schremp's ears are ringing.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Seen this before....its amazing how he doesn't score on every single shot with accuracy like that

There is a Malkin one somewhere on youtube of him just doing training in the offseason. Just his ability to stickhandle is incredible. I forget what it' called though

scott99

May 13, 2005
Seen this before....its amazing how he doesn't score on every single shot with accuracy like that

There is a Malkin one somewhere on youtube of him just doing training in the offseason. Just his ability to stickhandle is incredible. I forget what it' called though

How nice must it be to have Crosby and Malkin as your #1 and #2 centers, amazing. Add in Kunitz and Neal, wow. If they still had Staal, that was an amazing 1,2,3, best in the league. Hopefully we can be talking about Tavares and Strome in that way someday.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
Look for the link to Crosbys Trick on the right hand side.

Pretty amazing..

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hdpid=49&id=531637

Hard to tell how much of this is fake or how many takes are required to get it done.

Just like Kane's stick-handling one, (watch the Bollig one as well, hilarious) which apparently is REAL (except for the end with the camera)

The MacKinnon-Crosby waterbottle one (by Reebok/Gatorade) is also rumoured to be fake. I think it's real but not the broken glass part and took a few takes, I'm sure.

They've have these for a long time, in all sports. Anyone remember this cheesy one, with two semi-academy award winning actors:

Isles Fan

Sep 12, 2006
Just studier this more and I think it's fake.

First the rolling puck doesn't look remotely real and the speed on the face of the puck rolling does not match the speed of the edge of it rolling. Look also after he hits the rolling puck, as it flies off the boards it looks almost cartoonish

Secondly, the pan out before he goes after the rolling puck shows him with one puck on his left just above the face off dot. After he hits the rolling puck there are magically two pucks remaining on his left near the face off dot.

The entire thing looks hokey to me. The stacked pucks just don't look real, too rounded on top. almost like a hump.

I am calling BS on the entire thing.

banehardens

Feb 19, 2013
I'm nearly certain this is fake and was done for a commercial years ago. Notice how Crosby is wearing no Penguins gear and the only logo on the boards is one for Reebok...

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Not to discredit Crosby for his amazing skills as the OP vid is remarkable (i'd like it even more if it wasn't for that "yeah look at me of course I did that" POS shrug he gave @ the end). But even scrub NHLers have sick stick handling skills.

Even Trevor Gillies has some solid stick skills.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
Not to discredit Crosby for his amazing skills as the OP vid is remarkable (i'd like it even more if it wasn't for that "yeah look at me of course I did that" POS shrug he gave @ the end). But even scrub NHLers have sick stick handling skills.

Even Trevor Gillies has some solid stick skills.

Maybe that's Clark Gillies and Mike Bossy?

I'm nearly certain this is fake and was done for a commercial years ago. Notice how Crosby is wearing no Penguins gear and the only logo on the boards is one for Reebok...

I think they are all staged/faked in some way, for publicity and viral activity and whatever. All sports do it.

But not all parts are fake. Kane can really stick-handle but they probably fake/edit/alter/re-take several parts. They are still cool to watch and I like the idea of some people thinking they are 100% authentic. I don't buy it though, they are too scripted.

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY

maybe, but the skill doesn't seem that far fetched for an NHLer to do. i mean every other year we have some guy go 4/4 on the accuracy skills comp. it wouldn't surprise me that someone can do what was done in this vid. now if he shot off each puck 1 by 1 in that entire pyramid, then yeah i'd say it was faked somehow.

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005

It might be done for a commercial, but you think Crosby can't do that? Maybe not every try, but seriously. That dude is amazing..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad