Status
Not open for further replies.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Ohhh is that right?
Funny I guess you forgot about the following eh

I said...

To which you responded directly to this post with...

Nice try indeed :sarcasm:

Looking at the date of this post it would appear this one was well after your post that opened the door to giving players credit for games missed based on "pace".

You obviously don't want to answer the question or back up your opinion so I will assume that in the future you will not be questioning any comparison between Crosby's lead this year to past Art Ross wins.

Rhiessan71

Just a Fool
Feb 17, 2003
Guelph, Ont
Visit site
Looking at the date of this post it would appear this one was well after your post that opened the door to giving players credit for games missed based on "pace".

C'mon, seriously?
That post of mine you presented was in response to the following post of yours which you tried to say that Crosby is ahead of the pack on a Jagr like level based solely on pace and nothing else.
I think if he was at 1.5 clip this year, it confirms what he did over the past three years. He's not though, but that doesn't confirm that he is a specific PPG player over a full season. He's a 1.35 PPG this year but a career 1.41 PPG player who is clearly ahead of the pack like no one since Jagr.

You obviously don't want to answer the question or back up your opinion so I will assume that in the future you will not be questioning any comparison between Crosby's lead this year to past Art Ross wins.

What question didn't I answer and more importantly, what question didn't I answer that you have actually countered with something more than gibberish and endless circling.

I think I was pretty clear when I said...
"All I'm saying is that beating Gez and Kessel by 16 points for an Art Ross is not as impressive as beating Selanne and Kariya by 20.

That's it!

Is it the largest Ross win since '99...yep.
Is it impressive...yep.
Is it on par with or better than Jagr in '99...nope."

Or when I said...
"Nope, the actual wording is that Crosby COULD HAVE or MIGHT HAVE come close to or matched Jagr peak but he didn't.

Jagr missed all of 26 games total out of 328 games over those 4 seasons, won 4 straight Art Ross' and outscored the next highest scorer 446 to 358.

JAGR DID!
CROSBY MIGHT HAVE!

That's the context!"

That's pretty clear.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
This thing is just circling ever and ever closer to just talking about other posters, rather than original subject of the thread. I think everything that can be said on the subject has been said already

Closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad