Crosby wants to go to Montreal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brett38

Feb 25, 2004
Halifax radio interviewed Crosbie this morning and asked him what team he would like to play for. He said without hesitation, "Montreal". Its been his favorite team.

Too bad this won't happen. Its nice to dream, though.

Last edited:

wensink

Feb 27, 2002
NY
Visit site
Natural Habs Fan said:
He should pull a Lindros and refuse to play for any team but Montreal. Then we could trade a whole wad of future picks for him like Philly gave Quebec.

Are you then saying that whomever is 'blackmailed' will become an elite franchise (winning two cups) while the Habs don't win anything?

Then I say go for it!!! ;)

Seriously, the Habs should certainly inquire (which I'm sure the will). They'd be able to pull in a great prospect (and maybe get a home team discount during negotiations, later on).

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
He has said in the past he'll play for whatever team he's been drafted to. He's the type of player that just wants to help his team...so the odds of Montreal getting him are extremely low. Unless they decide to purposely lose the entire year. :) I'm sure Ribeiro would work well at making it look realistic ;)

shveik

Jul 6, 2002
Visit site
Beleive me, he is going to become quite professional about it. Meaning he will play for whomever drafts him if they want him. I think wanting to play for Montreal is one thing (quite understandable for a Quebec boy), but throwing a hissy fit if you do not get to play for the team you want is... How to put it nicely?.. Unprofessional.

leafaholix*

This ain't no Lindros... this kid's a class act.

Unfortunately, some people are going to take this thread and turn Sidney into a "brat".

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Crosby's NOT a Quebec boy. He plays in the QMJHL because Maritimers are eligible to play in the 'Q', but his connection to the Montreal Canadiens is the fact his father Troy Crosby was drafted by the Habs back in 1984, I believe.

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
I want to play for the Rangers when I get older, since they're my favorite team, does that make me a brat, @$$hole, or whatever? No, I don't think so. Everyone WANTS to play for their favorite team, but most are okay playing with any other team, which Crosby will be.

habsfan4life

Sep 5, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
Natural Habs Fan said:
He should pull a Lindros and refuse to play for any team but Montreal. Then we could trade a whole wad of future picks for him like Philly gave Quebec.

Hahahaha! yea.... hey! then maybe we can watch as the Capitals go on to be one of the best teams in the league for the next decade and win a couple of Stanley Cups even like Flyers fans got to watch the Nordiques/Avalanche do.

Use ur head...
:banghead:

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
I did not hear this particular interview but I have heard Sidney on this subject
before and the context is more like this: He has always been a Habs fan and
he dreamed of one day playing for them,but he would be happy to play on any
team in the NHL.

Munchausen

shveik said:
he will play for whomever drafts him

Of course he will. Steve Bernier said prior to the draft last year he wanted to be picked by the Canadiens. Did he turn his back on SJ when they selected him?

Any half-smart player knows he won't end up exactly where he hoped and won't cry about it (except Lindros of course).

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
If Crosby had even thought of not wanting to play for a team, that probably went away now that he's seen Eli Manning get flogged for telling the Chargers he wouldn't sign with them, and refusing to wear the hat and such. Crosby also doesn't come close to having the power the Manning family does.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
mmm... Manning... if ive ever wanted to see a player in sports crash and burn; itd be him. I can see it now.... lets jinx him guys. RYAN LEAF, RYAN LEAF, RYAN LEAF, RYAN LEAF. Oh wait, leaf went up against manning #1 in the 'which QB is better' field.

to topic,

Its just an idle question guys, Whats he supposed to say? It's not like hes gonna pull a Manning or Lindros just so he could play for his beloved Habs. He'll have a good 20 seasons to play hockey, im sure down the road after he's won a few cups he'll go to Montreal just to wear the jersey

We all have favorite teams

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Natural Habs Fan said:

I hope it works out just as well for Montreal as it did for Philly. :joker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad