Crosby vs Kucherov IQ wise

• Crosby

Votes: 207 74.7%
  • Kucherov

Votes: 70 25.3%

• Total voters

Offtheboard412

Feb 26, 2012
Hmm that's a tough one. I think Kucherov has the better playmaking/passing I.Q., he's better at manipulating defenders and creating lanes for passes. But for overall hockey I.Q. considering all facets of the game I take Crosby.

This is one of the smartest plays I've seen a player make.

Last edited:

Offtheboard412

Feb 26, 2012
Crosby is the better skater, stickhandler, has the better shot, has more power, better puck protection ability, etc.

All of Crosby's tools are better than Kucherov's so if Kucherov's IQ is not better, how is he so good?
Very debatable if Crosby is a better stickhandler than Kucherov, and as far as their shots go, Kucherov has the better wrist shot and one timer.

Despote

Mar 21, 2023
Crosby is the better skater, stickhandler, has the better shot, has more power, better puck protection ability, etc.

All of Crosby's tools are better than Kucherov's so if Kucherov's IQ is not better, how is he so good?
Yeah, as has been pointed out it's highly debatable that Crosby has better shot or stickhandling.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
not even sure how one could compare these but the answer is always crosby when it comes to players in the last 20 years not named Mcdavid, Ovi or maybe Malkin and picking any of those 3 for other aspects of the game is still debating.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
From a pure passing perspective it's Kucherov. Thornton was better at that too. But overall iq few in history are as good as Crosby. Maybe just Gretzky and Lemieux.

IQ isn't about vision, it's about doing right things at the right time. And when you score 144 points while not having Ovechkin's shot, McDavid's speed and puck skills, Malkin's physical tools etc it means you do those right things at the right time very-very often, almost always.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
IQ isn't about vision, it's about doing right things at the right time. And when you score 144 points while not having Ovechkin's shot, McDavid's speed and puck skills, Malkin's physical tools etc it means you do those right things at the right time very-very often, almost always.
Sure but we're talking about Crosby. Crosby obviously dominated in his youth, and on top of that has had 19 consecutive ppg seasons and counting. He's adapted and changed his game multiple times and still remains an elite player at age 36/37. You need extremely high iq to do that.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003

Crosby has never been a great stickhandler and has a muffin shot. And the way he protects the puck and wins board battles seemingly always coming out with the puck also constitutes iq. It's not just pure strength.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Really? Crosby himself must have done a hundred smarter plays... There's at least a smarter play than that every game come on lol... he just waited for the Rangers player to touch the puck, then threw it back in front and lucky/bad goal allowed by Lundqvist

sdf

Jan 23, 2015
Rostov on Don
Hmm that's a tough one. I think Kucherov has the better playmaking/passing I.Q., he's better at manipulating defenders and creating lanes for passes. But for overall hockey I.Q. considering all facets of the game I take Crosby.

When I notice that a lot of people on this site post some bullshit like this as examples of great hockey iq, I realize that these people seem have no idea what this term is mean

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

Because hockey smarts includes more than the offensive side of the game.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
If that were true, he wouldn't be in the ice for so many goals against. What was it this year - 97 or something?

Not sure why you're so obsessed with +/- all of a sudden, but Kucherov and Crosby both had nearly identical, positive ratings this season.

plusyminus.png

Last edited:

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Not sure why you're so obsessed with +/- all of a sudden,

I didn't say anything about plus minus.

I was responding to a post asserting Crosby had some sort of 200 foot game - which is blatantly false given how often opposing teams score with Crosby on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad