Crosby questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
What are the 5 worst teams for next year?
Chicago, Washington, CLB, NYR and LA are my picks
Who do you think will finish last in the league?
I'd have to say either NYR or Washington
What team would be best for Crosby to end up on?
I'd love to see Crosby on CLB with Nash, Zheredev and Frischte but for hockey's sake i'd like to see him on a Canadian team (any one would be great). Even though thats not likely as all 6 Canadian teams are going to be fairly good and should contend for playoff spots
Whats the worst case scenario for Crosby?
I'd have to say landing with the NYR would be the worst as they are the most messed up team in hockey.

craig1

Nov 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
I have officially decided that I am going to hate the obscene amount of Crosby threads this year even more then the AO threads of the past year!

......................:deadhorse

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
trahans99 said:
I'd love to see Crosby on CLB with Nash, Zheredev and Frischte but for hockey's sake i'd like to see him on a Canadian team (any one would be great). Even though thats not likely as all 6 Canadian teams are going to be fairly good and should contend for playoff spots

I don't think it would be all that great for him to end up in Columbus as it's a pretty small market. I'd also say that while Canadians would love to have a player like Crosby play in Canada, his impact on the league would be greater if he played in the US and generated some interest in the game among American audiences.

trahans99 said:
I'd have to say landing with the NYR would be the worst as they are the most messed up team in hockey.

While I won't deny that the Rangers have been a joke the past few years, they are a perfect market for a player like Crosby. It would be great for the NHL if the Rangers could become successful again and having a player like Crosby could really help them.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
cagney said:
I don't think it would be all that great for him to end up in Columbus as it's a pretty small market. I'd also say that while Canadians would love to have a player like Crosby play in Canada, his impact on the league would be greater if he played in the US and generated some interest in the game among American audiences.

It doesn't matter that Columbus is a small market, there fans are passionate and actually sell out most of there games unlike Carolina, Nashville, Washington, Florida. Your right about the total impact being greater in the US but all Canadians would rather see him in Canada.

While I won't deny that the Rangers have been a joke the past few years, they are a perfect market for a player like Crosby. It would be great for the NHL if the Rangers could become successful again and having a player like Crosby could really help them.

True the market is perfect but the team is horrible, would you want a great player to play on a horrible team that can't develop players worth a crap? I certainly don't want that.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
trahans99 said:
True the market is perfect but the team is horrible, would you want a great player to play on a horrible team that can't develop players worth a crap? I certainly don't want that.

well the rangers are rebuilding...so hopefully in a few years when crosby would be part of the picture they won't be awful anymore and will be headed in the right direction...

take the situation in washington for example...no one wants to see ovechkin stuck on an awful team, but the theory is that with ovechkin and all the other kids the caps have that in a few years they will be a good team and become a good place for him to be.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
craig1 said:
I have officially decided that I am going to hate the obscene amount of Crosby threads this year even more then the AO threads of the past year!

......................:deadhorse

so true...especially when it becomes the same questions/comments over and over...maybe we should make a FAQ section that covers all the generic questions and then hopefully limit conversation to just new things...

also while 90% of the focus for next years draft is about crosby next year there are several other real quality kids...so hopefully as the season gets underway and sites start updating on 2005 prospects we'll see more talk about some of the other kids like brule, johnson, kindl, etc and that will take away from some of the crosby talk...he'll still be the main focus but it'll be spread out more

craig1

Nov 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
trahans99 said:
yeah well you better get use to it as Crosby will be the biggest hyped player since Mario. Did you wanna answer my questoins?

I disagree. I think he has already received more hype than Mario ever did as a prospect. Mario was hyped for the day, but nothing like you see now.

degroat*

trahans99 said:
for hockey's sake i'd like to see him on a Canadian team (any one would be great).

Hockey's 'sake' would be a lot better off if he played in a large US market.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
What are the 5 worst teams for next year?
Washington (#30), Carolina (#29), NY Rangers (#28), Chicago (#27), Columbus (#26)

Who do you think will finish last in the league?
Washington

I'll go with a homer pick, and in the topsy-turvy world of Crosbymathics, that means I'm rooting for my home team Capitals to finish dead last, guaranteeing either Crosby or Brule.

That said, any US market that is struggling would be nice, since he will be a marketing dynamo wherever he goes. A top line of Ovechkin-Crosby-token has a certain appeal to boost ratings in DC, post-lockout, that is certain. The appeal for the game is already high in all six Canadian cities, and this kid is going to sell seats all on his own.

Honestly, this kid is going to drag a team up by its bootstraps wherever he goes. Great players make bad teams contenders simply by their presence, once they mature.

You realize that because your teams are too good (or at least mediocre at worst) there is next to no chance he will play for a Canadian team until free agency, right? Price of success, I'm afraid. It's certainly not much fun having a lemon of a team at the moment in Washington.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad