Crosby and Brule

Status
Not open for further replies.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Okay so we all know that Sidney Crosby is being compared to Wayne Gretzky, are there any other comparisons for him. From what i've seen, Crosby is more physical than Gretzky.

And what about this Brule kid, I haven't seen much on him just that he'll go 2nd in the '05 draft. Is he a lock at 2nd? And can anyone give comparisons on this kid?

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
If anyone's comparing Crosby to Gretzky, they're going to be severely disappointed.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I've seen a few Brule/Yzerman comparisons, although I hate when people compare unproven teens to seasoned NHL future all stars (this goes for every case, not just Brule).

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
trahans99 said:
Okay so we all know that Sidney Crosby is being compared to Wayne Gretzky, are there any other comparisons for him. From what i've seen, Crosby is more physical than Gretzky.

And what about this Brule kid, I haven't seen much on him just that he'll go 2nd in the '05 draft. Is he a lock at 2nd? And can anyone give comparisons on this kid?

I'd say there's no lock for 2nd yet. The top 4-5 next year is going to be very impressive, so imo it's still very early. Brule could be the 2nd pick, but it's hard to overlook Latendresse who has a great package of size and skill.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
montreal said:
I'd say there's no lock for 2nd yet. The top 4-5 next year is going to be very impressive, so imo it's still very early. Brule could be the 2nd pick, but it's hard to overlook Latendresse who has a great package of size and skill.

I agree w/your comment on Latendresse, he could give Brule a run, he has such a presence. The top 3 next year look fairly stronger than the top 3 this season due to just that.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
EroCaps said:
I agree w/your comment on Latendresse, he could give Brule a run, he has such a presence. The top 3 next year look fairly stronger than the top 3 this season due to just that.

I dont know about that. Ovechkin, Malkin, and Olesz is a pretty damn good top 3 if you ask me!

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
Seachd said:
If anyone's comparing Crosby to Gretzky, they're going to be severely disappointed.

i think we can compare Crosby's style to jarome iginla and/or Peter Forsberg..

It's so hard to compare the development of a teenager. but I think that the way Crosby is playing, he can drawing some comparisions with iggy or peter. not in term of potential, production or stuff like that... but I think they are playing the same style...

Not the biggest player, but they plays with fire, intensity, speed, creativity anf they got a great shot...

Crosby is not Gretzk. But he is for real.....

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
monster_bertuzzi said:
I dont know about that. Ovechkin, Malkin, and Olesz is a pretty damn good top 3 if you ask me!

I dk. I might take Latendresse over Olesz. 04 and 05 have exceptional top end talent though, best in a while.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
for 2nd you would have to look at Latendresse, Brule, Bertram, Cogliano (who is just as good as the rest) and Anikeenko.

I have seen them all play and Brule to me looks like a Peter Forsberg type player.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Vincent_TheGreat said:
In my opinion the top 2 of Brule and Crosby are a step ahead of everybody, I have no doubts that they will be the top 2 guys!

IMO Bertram is better than Brule and I think Anikeenko is the 2nd best d-man that I have seen as a junior in all my years of doing scouting, 1st would be Bouwmeester but I think in ways Anikeenko is better than Bouwmeester as he is more physical by far.

chsb

Jun 14, 2003
Visit site
I am astounded to read stuff like this.
Did anyone see Crosby play?
This kid is years ahead of anyone else in next year's draft!

His presence alone makes it a top draft.
He will be the next Gretzky!
Maybe not in the same fashion, but in his own.

I have watched hockey all my life and I can tell you that there NOBODY on all continents that will match Crosby this year or next year as a rookie,period!

Newfie Bruin

Apr 30, 2003
NL
Visit site
I really like the physical game Brule brings. When he was here for the U17s he was putting the puck in the net and putting players on their @$$

ArtG

Feb 9, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I went to a couple giants games to see Brule play and this kid is great... at 16 he was dominating at certain points. He'll be a good one.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
chsb said:
I am astounded to read stuff like this.
Did anyone see Crosby play?
This kid is years ahead of anyone else in next year's draft!

His presence alone makes it a top draft.
He will be the next Gretzky!
Maybe not in the same fashion, but in his own.

I have watched hockey all my life and I can tell you that there NOBODY on all continents that will match Crosby this year or next year as a rookie,period!

I think it's fair to compare Sid at 16 to Wayne at 16. But not at 18+ years old. For the record I'll take Sid at 16. Only Orr at 16 comes close.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Crosby is for real...he'll no doubt be the best player in this league for a long time to come, like it or not.

chsb

Jun 14, 2003
Visit site
Sting004 said:
Crosby is for real...he'll no doubt be the best player in this league for a long time to come, like it or not.

What's funny is that Crosby reportedly stated that Montréal is its preferred NHL team, but they will never be able to draft him.

Crosby will be the next sensation after Orr,Gretzky and Lemieux.
Nobody in between could compare to these three and none was as good since the departure of these three, except maybe Guy Lafleur.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
chsb said:
What's funny is that Crosby reportedly stated that Montréal is its preferred NHL team, but they will never be able to draft him.

Crosby will be the next sensation after Orr,Gretzky and Lemieux.
Nobody in between could compare to these three and none was as good since the departure of these three, except maybe Guy Lafleur.

And Howie Morenz! :joker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad