Proposal: Creative ways to shed Loui Eriksson contract

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Hire Jeff Gillooly to give Eriksson the Nancy Kerrigan special, then trade him to Tampa for Palat. Tampa puts Eriksson on LTIR.

Reactions: Auston Escobar

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
send him down anyways. He has been terrible for 4 seasons now. At least make his last 2 as a Canuck miserable and hope he just packs it in. If not he can enjoy the minors because he’s earned it
Despite him not being worth his cap hit Green seems to see enough value in his defensive game to keep him in the top 6

Last edited:

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
Remember way back when the Canucks signed him van fans saying he's going to be awesome with the twins
We may have tried to tell ourselves that at the time but it was more than apparent it would be a terrible deal. Especially given the trajectory of the group was on its way down. We didn't need Eriksson even if he was a good player which we knew he wasn't.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Remember way back when the Canucks signed him van fans saying he's going to be awesome with the twins
I cant remember one Canuck fan ever saying that. Even the biggest Benning supporters I dont remember them saying that

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Reveal that he suddenly has a skin disease brought on from wearing his equipment that was miraculously discovered late in his career... that might do the trick!
Man. Some fans just love to reference the Hossa situation while completing ignoring the actual facts of what happened. I guess that’s the only way you can make it fit your narrative

Reactions: Guttersniped

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016

To be fair, that was based on seeing them play together during the WC and Olympics, where they looked great. It's probably a combination of the Sedins declining at that point, and Eriksson seemingly mailing it in since the day he inked his contract with the Canucks.

While we're on the subject of a great line mate for the Sedins, I always wanted to see a line of prime Franzen and Sedins together.

Reactions: Cogburn

wavaxa2

Sep 24, 2010
Can't some of Aqualini's mob buddies give this schlub an offer he can't refuse?

Strangelove

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Can't some of Aqualini's mob buddies give this schlub an offer he can't refuse?

tenor.gif

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Even if there is no hockey, Loui's contract is slowly expiring...

gach

Aug 2, 2018
We have a number of people saying anyone would look good with the Sedins. I remember that. Erikssons technically still anyone.
You seem to imply that no Van fans were saying he would look great with the twins...that is funny if true

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Has anyone suggested making a time machine and going back in time?
That's pretty much all I've got.
Dude fell off a cliff after signing that contract, sucks cuz I always liked him as a player

Reactions: Devonator

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
You seem to imply that no Van fans were saying he would look great with the twins...that is funny if true

I don't distinctly remember anyone saying that...

...likey due to the trauma of his actual performance.

I did pull up the original confirmed signing thread....there are a lot of hopefuls, and yes, a few people saying what a wonderful signing it was, and that it was a steal, and even that, yes, he was going to do very well with the Sedins. Those poor people, in hindsight of course.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Man. Some fans just love to reference the Hossa situation while completing ignoring the actual facts of what happened. I guess that’s the only way you can make it fit your narrative
They didn't reference the Hossa situation. They referenced an imaginary player who suddenly discovered he had an allergy, not one who suffered with one for years.

Reactions: Crow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad