Rumor: Crawford signs extension: 6 years

Tripp Longfellow

Feb 12, 2009
Canada
According to Phil Pritchards twitter account Crawford signed a 6 year extension this morning during his day with the cup.
Not sure how reliable the keeper of the cup is though.

Cory Crawford signs new 6yr deal on his #StanleyCup day @HockeyHallFame @NHL @NHLBlackhawks @KellyHockeyHall pic.twitter.com/bFViwwKHWx
9:22am - 2 Sep 13

helicon1

Jan 4, 2010
This is kind of terrifying. Although at that length I'm hopeful they kept the cap hit down. Better now I guess than next offseason post cup, gold medal, and conn smythe.

Pailhead

Oct 30, 2011
Plymouth, MI
Doesn't sound like a rumor anymore. I just got a notification from the NHL GameCenter app that he signed a 6 year deal. Money isn't mentioned.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Wow has Stan lost his mind? Did he forget Corey was one the worst goalies in the NHL just a season ago? I guess I'll wait to see the numbers.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Kuc confirms

@ChrisKuc: #Blackhawks agree to terms with goaltender Corey Crawford on a six-year contract extension.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Oh it's legit. My iphone got dinged by the NHL app while I was in the shower 20 minutes ago.

I can't for the life of me figure out why the Hawks would do this. Unless Corey signed for like half market value to insure lifetime security.

GGGHawks18

Dec 16, 2011
This new extension won't factor in cap wise until next season right?

And I wonder what this does to Hammer's contact situation

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Really disappointed already. Even if he signed for 3.5 AAV (which he didn't) 6 years is still A LOT.

Last edited by a moderator:

GGGHawks18

Dec 16, 2011
Positive side, we can have a goalie tandem in Crow and Raanta like Luongo/Schneider

Negative, crow reverts back to 2 years ago. But I don't see that happening

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Will be interesting to see what the cap hit is...agent probably told Stan that if Hawks win Cup again this year Craw would command 8 yrs @ 7.5m per or more..Stan then hurried up with a sign now hometown discount offer...taking the risk that CC is now for real and will maintain not regress again..But if CC is for real...Stan just saved Rocky a lot of bucks..at least I think that will be the case..we will soon find out how much savings Stan got from CC....I'm giessing the cap hit is in the $5.7 to $6 m per yr range.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Positive side, we can have a goalie tandem in Crow and Raanta like Luongo/Schneider

Negative, crow reverts back to 2 years ago. But I don't see that happening

Hopefully he doesn't. Because we have him for 7 more years. As I said before, this doesn't make any sense. He had to have taken way below market.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Wow has Stan lost his mind? Did he forget Corey was one the worst goalies in the NHL just a season ago? I guess I'll wait to see the numbers.

2 out of 3 seasons he was good

He just won the cup as our starter while being one of the reason we have won. In the RS he won the Jennings trophy. He may be the starter for Team Canada... I had my doubts too but this sounds like overraction

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

I would have definitely preferred one more season prior to giving him a 6 year extension, but come on man, give him some credit for last season. Without his great play in the playoffs last year, we might not even sniff a Cup appearance, let alone actually winning the damn thing.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
He's not taking a discount. He's going to get at least Howard money. Probably 5.5 per

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
Very few goalies are certain to be good every year (are there really any?), and the truly elite demand huge money.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
@ChrisKuc: Per @LavoieRenaud, Corey Crawford's six-year extension is worth $36 million. #Blackhawks

Told you

GGGHawks18

Dec 16, 2011
It won't be a bad deal because the cap will only continue to go up. He just earned his share of winning the cup and the Hawks record breaking year. I support this deal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad