Craig Button releases a new Craig's List for 2024 draft - Parekh & Buium top 2 defencemen on list edition

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
OMG Demidov and Buium in the top 4 I love Craig Button now :D

Catton still too low though so this list is trash :mad:

But I like the balls on putting Parekh and Buium 3 and 4, ahead of the bigger defenders. I'm not sure I'd put Parekh in the top 5 or even top 10, but I understand why someone else would.

Last edited:

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Seems like a bizarre ranking to me.

Not sure i would have Parekh and Buium as the top defenseman. Silayev at 12th and Catton 15th seems low to me.

I do like to see Iginla, Greentree and Parascak get a bump in the rankings.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Incredible that scouts seem to not have learned a thing from Benson last year. Catton is primed to be an enormous, immediate steal for a team in the 12-15 range - a guy who is a clear-as-day top-5 pick with the smarts and drive to step right into the NHL.

I don't think he goes 12-15. I'd be surprised if he gets past 7 or 8.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Incredible that scouts seem to not have learned a thing from Benson last year. Catton is primed to be an enormous, immediate steal for a team in the 12-15 range - a guy who is a clear-as-day top-5 pick with the smarts and drive to step right into the NHL.
Catton is probably an inch and a half taller than Benson. If Catton falls, it won’t be for size reasons like Benson.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I wouldn’t be disappointed if Anaheim took him at their pick(if Dickinson and levy are off board )
I have Catton in the 4-6 range after those two defensemen, so I’d agree. Personally, Catton doesn’t appeal to me greatly for the Sharks with our 1st because we already have Smith, but he’s really good and deserves to be taken top-6. If he somehow fell to the Pittsburgh pick at 11, I’d be doing cartwheels.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I have Catton in the 4-6 range after those two defensemen, so I’d agree. Personally, Catton doesn’t appeal to me greatly for the Sharks with our 1st because we already have Smith, but he’s really good and deserves to be taken top-6. If he somehow fell to the Pittsburgh pick at 11, I’d be doing cartwheels.
Ducks kinda in same position …. Catton doesn’t exactly fill a need…. But i like him more than the other players available in that area

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
I like Parekh and Buium at the top.

Pretty fine list if you ask me. I agree on Silayev more in the 10-15 range. I’d put Catton higher and MBN a lot higher but overall it’s pretty good.

I’m also gravitating towards those types of upside players (Demidov, Buium, Parekh) after Celebrini.

We’ve heard all the time that picks 2-10 could go any which way, this list backs that up

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Never thought I'd have such a similar ranking as Button. I must have gone wrong somewhere

The biggest surprise for me is he has Javon Moore as the best highschool hockey player over Dean Letourneau.

I do have to give Button credit for his rankings last year when he put Tom Willander really high around this time before his rise at the u18s

Last edited:

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
The Catton Crew on this site aren't gonna be happy here. But it's Button... he marches to the beat of his own drum... whether you think his list is good or trash, something to be said for not just re-gurgitating consensus from every other list that gets published, I suppose.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Interesting list. I’d like to say it skews skill over size, but Catton being at 15 kind of dismisses that argument.

I don’t think it’s way off though. Switch Parekh and Catton and it’s really not far off of what I have.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The biggest surprise for me is he has Javon Moore as the best highschool hockey player over Dean Letourneau.
Javon Moore is the third highest scoring player on a public high school team.

Have we seen the third leading scoring forward (PPG) on a public high school team go in the top two rounds in the last 30 years?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
That's a Czech twist...

All season long we have debated between galvas vs badinka (after jiricek).

So button puts fibigr in round one.lmao. That is extremely encouraging as he has three Czech d in the first 45. That would be tremendous. Surprised no badinka at all to be honest (unless I missed him)

Reactions: Goodman68

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad