Confirmed with Link: Craig Berube named the 32nd Coach of the Toronto Maple Leafs

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Did you miss the year they won the cup and seasons following?

Once players like Steen, Pietrangelo and ROR left the team went to shit. Because they were replaced with very Leafy players like Cryou

You listed a bunch of guys who use their stick first... I swear ROR is known as a grinding player just because he looks rugged.

And to the second point.

We brought in a coach who can't coach our team (according to you). This has to be the most idiotic thing this team has done then, right?

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Why do we always pretend we are doing a full on search

Everyone knew it was going to be Berube pretty much after game 7

Same with treliving. We all knew he was coming once dubas screwed up and got himself fired

This take is ridiculous and is becoming tiresome.

First, if you think they only started considering new coaches when Keefe was fired you are incredibly naive. Second, you have absolutely no idea who they interview so have no clue how extensive their search was, and thus have no basis for that ridiculous claim. Just because some knowledgeable members of the media made educated guesses that turned out to be correct, does not mean that the Leafs did not engage in a proper search.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Just dudes being bros. Going to the dirty areas. 4 lines banging. The kind of hockey that's been missing in Toronto for 15 years

If those players don't buy in that's on them

No that's how you get sacked, like his last job

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
You listed a bunch of guys who use their stick first... I swear ROR is known as a grinding player just because he looks rugged.

And to the second point.

We brought in a coach who can't coach our team (according to you). This has to be the most idiotic thing this team has done then, right?
If it's as simple as using the stick, why have MNM been failures for 8 years??

It's brilliant because I'm optimistic (out of character, I know) that the players who refuse to buy in are shipped out

No that's how you get sacked, like his last job
If this goes like his last job where he gets sacked after 4 years and a cup, we'll be building a f***ing statue

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
This doesn't describe St Louis... this does describe Calgary, so I am hoping this doesn't happen.

Over the past 7 years you’ve struggled to have any clue with how to figure out your own supposed “team”, you know with the whole cheerleading losing in the first round every single year…

I guess it shouldn’t be altogether shocking you don’t understand others as well.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
If it's as simple as using the stuck, why have MNM been failures for 8 years??

It's brilliant because I'm optimistic (out of character, I know) that the players who refuse to buy in are shipped out

If this goes like his last job where he gets sacked after 4 years and a cup, we'll be building a f***ing statue
Win a Cup and you can have a lifetime contract whether you coach or not.

Reactions: JKG33

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Younger guys didn't like him because he called them out for being lazy and not giving a damn.

According to who? He alienated them and got himself sacked

Part of the job is developing those guys

I know the thing everybody wants is some prick to come in and make the players miserable but you can't do that to young players and expect good results

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
looks like treliving is bringing back normal hockey operations to this team

No more newbie, advanced, 1000iq people being brought in

Just normal hockey minds.
You mock the analytics but the AVS are doing best of both and changing systems based in numbers mid series. I think there's a place for both equally.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

He hasn't done anything here let alone won a cup

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Based on your comments here and in the other thread I see you've already started the boring contrarian stance. We get it, you've already appointed Berube a bad coach.

Why don't you try giving him a blank slate (cup and all) and give him the same amount of support you blindly gave Dubas and Keefe with zero NHL experience and ended up winning a total of one payoffs series? Maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised. It's not a very high bar to beat.
1715986468855.gif

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
I remember his days as a Leaf and I’m glad they got a change in, but waiting to see the results before I start fawning like many are… nice to have someone with a ring because it gives a sense that a coach knows what they are doing.

Reactions: ruaware41

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
You mock the analytics but the AVS are doing best of both and changing systems based in numbers mid series. I think there's a place for both equally.
Maybe, but they’ve been shoved down my throat on this board and by the media so much that I’m sick of them

Idgaf that we “dominated” teams and lost. To me we just lost, idc how

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

What does this even mean?

Because the guys you listed are stick-first players it means that if another player is using their stick before their body they must win the cup too or I am wrong?

Nylander might be shipped out... but he has a NMC, so it is up to him.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
You don't win because you have good analytics. But sometimes when you win your analytics are good

You don't win because of one single thing... you win because of a combination... what is this?

I like how you just dismiss entire departments for teams because you don't like it.

• Haha
Reactions: aingefan and JKG33

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Biggest question I have before this team actually plays hockey again:

Does Berube coming aboard (help) push Marner out the door (concern about what life will be like with a "hard" coach) or give Mitch more incentive to stick around (Berube is a coach that's won the Cup)?

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
wouldn't mind seeing round 2 of this given how shanaCON has effed over the leafs
Inject this into my veins

Does Berube coming aboard (help) push Marner out the door (concern about the coach's hard-nosed approach) or give Mitch more incentive to stick around (Berube is a coach that's won the Cup)?
I am going with the former.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

Does Berube coming aboard (help) push Marner out the door (concern about what life will be like with a "hard" coach) or give Mitch more incentive to stick around (Berube is a coach that's won the Cup)?

Something tells me Babcock is worse to deal with... also our media and fans are worse than a single coach, so if he chooses to leave, it will likely be because he feels he overstayed his welcome, not because someone has a loud voice.

Not directed at you... but I question sometimes if people played competitive sports growing up if they think coaches bother players this much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad