Sportsnet: Craig Berube hired as Head Coach (now official)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da Mash

Jul 14, 2022
Bet you’re fun at parties…

I am for a old guy but I dont get to excited about this. I didnt hate Keefer but it was time for a change

I worry more about our assistants. If our pp and pk was better against the bruins we would of won that series. If you get a coach who yells alot and has a growl....soon enough the players will tune that out.

I dont have a preference ....I hope his scheme isnt a trap style.....thats boring hockey. I want a coach that makes players accoutable but also develops the young kids.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Interested to see how he manages Nylander.
People are mentioning Marner, who is likely gone anyways, but work ethic, it Nylander that I see potential problems. He's much better, but he still floats at times. Also Matthews will be pressed to be more impactful, more consistently.

Reactions: GordieHoweHatTrick

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
I am not sure he was the best option, but wasn't the worst, so I am happy about that.

Also, does he hold players accountable or does he just complain to the media? There is a difference.

We will wait and see. But out of the available options, he was probably the best.

Reactions: hullsy47

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I'm glad you're happy but I've got some reservations

I've got zero problems if he wants to hold guys accountable but his relationship with the some of the younger Blues players seemed pretty wrought

We've got plenty of youth to incorporate over the next few seasons, alienating the younger guys isn't going to help win us games
He might only have a 3 year shelf life but if he can switch our culture and in some rounds, it's a step in the right direction.
I would also expect some off season moves to bring in some supporting cast more streamline the culture. If the majority buys in, the youth should hopefully fall in line.
Time will tell but rolling back with Keefe would have just been horrible

Reactions: Kiwi

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
I like the hire. If he gets some of these players to play hard every night, we have enough skill to win a ton of games. Four years is a good term cause coaches like Berube have a limited lifespan with most teams. The hardline message grows stale.

I’m willing to bet that he has more success with our talented core than Keefe did i.e. in the playoffs. From what I’ve heard, he’s quite the motivator.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Well. It's like I said in that other thread. Play time is over with this core. Because Berube is arguably a bigger hard ass than Tortorella is.

Let's see what happens here.

Reactions: Trapper
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad