Confirmed with Link: Craig Anderson 1yr x $1.5M

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Wtf. Love the guy. But doesn’t inspire confidence at all in the “organizational plan”
We kind of knew this after that 7th round cap dump trade. We're not signing anyone in FA this offseason. I think next year is when Adams starts adding in players to make a playoff push.

Reactions: Jacob582

Grouch

Apr 22, 2021
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCJSHLKSJHDLSKJDGLSJKHFGSLKJFGSLKJ

Continuing down the path of mediocrity.

Would rather have Comrie at this point for $1.5m

Reactions: elchud

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Welp, that doesn’t inspire confidence. I guess we all have to hope UPL looks good and actually stays healthy for the first time ever.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I’m ok with this but only if he is the backup. If the plan is Anderson, UPL and someone like Tokarski again I am going to be mad.

Kevyn Adams seems to think they can win with Anderson but IMO they need someone who can at least provide league average goaltending (.915) and Anderson is at best a .900% goalie now, as the last 4 years show.

Reactions: elchud

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Here we go...

As Adams said earlier this week, I'm sure the contract is set up with bonuses depending on if he mostly backs up or ends up being our main starter.
If he's our main starter, then Ill lose faith in Adams. I dont really want him as a backup, either. Someone posted he can split backup duties with UPL, and I hope that's the case, but I have my doubts.

Regardless, Im not a fan of this move at all.

Really just feels like we're punting seasons until one of UPL or Levi is ready, and I don't have much faith that UPL is ever going to be the answer.
I wouldnt jump off the ledge yet. If Adams can get a legit 1A for this season, then this move is just a minor annoyance.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
To me this is just insurance in case UPL is injured or isn't ready and needs to be back in Rochester. And if UPL is killing it, Anderson will be chilling in the press box collecting his $ and take on a bit of a player-coach type of roll.

There's no chance this can be the only move. And as long as we can get a legit starter or at least high end backup (Comrie, Wedgewood) then having Anderson back as "UPL insurance" is a wise move.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
No urgency to be better. Acquiring a top level starter won't push this team into being a Cup contender next season. It will make a difference in how close they come to the playoffs, and getting this young roster experience winning games and being in higher pressure scenarios in March and April.

There's so many ways to negatively describe this, but I don't feel like it right now. We all see it for what it is.

Reactions: Dingo44

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I feel the opposite way, signing a 41yo backup rather than trying to trade for or sign someone external screams confidence in UPL.
There is no way to have confidence in UPL. He has proven nothing and has injuries all the time. What you can like is his cheap price tag and your organizational belief to not be competitive in goal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad