RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
This is 100% my vote: Shout out to @S7Dsn on twitter
DeKGZDqV0AADQLM.jpg

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Richard Morin created one and shared it on Twitter.

I think the actually jersey looks OK, but I'd hate to see the state logo as the main logo. I think if you're going kachina (sleeves), you've got to at least get the old logo in their somewhere.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
I hope that isn’t too “educated” of a guess. Jesus , why are we destined to have some of the worst jerseys every year?

Last edited:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I like the Kachinas because they’re so ugly and so unlike traditional nhl aesthetics and fly in the faces of traditionalists. They are so, so, so bad. I’d switch back to them in an instant. Even though I think our current kit is pretty good, I just want to troll. Troll, troll, troll.

RufusG

May 23, 2017
I think it would be really cool if they took the current logo and kachina-ized it, combining the past with the present. I haven't seen any versions of that yet, and I'm not holding my breath.

Reactions: rt

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I think it would be really cool if they took the current logo and kachina-ized it, combining the past with the present. I haven't seen any versions of that yet, and I'm not holding my breath.
kachina-ize the whole current set. Logo, colors, patterns. The whole thing. Vaguely the same, but totally kachina-ized.

Reactions: Heldig and CC96

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I like the Kachinas because they’re so ugly and so unlike traditional nhl aesthetics and fly in the faces of traditionalists. They are so, so, so bad. I’d switch back to them in an instant. Even though I think our current kit is pretty good, I just want to troll. Troll, troll, troll.

The Picasso Coyote was questionable. Some liked it, some hated it. The colors and jersey design were beautiful regardless of the chest logo in my opinion.

For example I didn’t care for the 1995-96 Buffalo Sabres chest logo, but thought the color schemes on the jersey itself were great.

Reactions: CC96

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I own a team-signed Green jersey, so I'm all for re-adopting it :P

Of course I live in PA, so it wouldn't really be worn more except possibly if I was watching a playoff game.

Of course, I'd be fine with getting rid of the brick red color schemes, just because they are so overused in the league.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Of course, I'd be fine with getting rid of the brick red color schemes, just because they are so overused in the league.

Ehh, I like that our maroon color is unique. No one else wears it. There is a lot of red (Calgary, Carolina, Chicago, Detroit, etc.) but no one with our color.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I like the green on the old scheme but I don't think it works in ones that try and incorporate the current logo/colors.

The mock ups in this thread that have the old pattern but lack the green look better.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
The only logo I don't like is the greyhound bus looking coyote our old 3rd jerseys had. The kachina, kachina head, and howling coyote for the crest would work. I'd also like the state patch, the paw, or a moon as a crest, or shoulder patches. I hope we ditch the red, even though it's relatively unique, there are just so many red teams. I also hope we incorporate some southwestern elements, no more fake traditional BS. We're not the blackhawks or the red wings, our jersey doesn't need to go for the classic look. If we don't want to go full old school kachina that's cool (though it would be my preference), but we're a non traditional market, so we should have a non traditional jersey.

Also, anyone who doesn't like the old 3rd green jerseys cedes the right to have an opinion on the matter :D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad