Coyotes terminating Galcheynek contract 12 days after signing due to off ice situation. NHLPA reviewing

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
I wondered what happened to Galchenyuk after this so I googled him. SIgned for 2 years with St Petersburg in the KHL.

Huh - I didn't know he was fluent in Russian. He was born in the US to a former Soviet/Belarussian hockey player.

I guess he didn't stick with the NHLPA assistance program then.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I wondered what happened to Galchenyuk after this so I googled him. SIgned for 2 years with St Petersburg in the KHL.

Huh - I didn't know he was fluent in Russian. He was born in the US to a former Soviet/Belarussian hockey player.

I guess he didn't stick with the NHLPA assistance program then.

Alex Jr was born in the U.S. while his father Alex Sr was playing for the Milwaukee Admirals. When Alex Jr was 4 his father moved the family to Europe, proceeding to play professionally for teams in Russia, Italy and Belarus for another 9 seasons.

Alex Jr moved back to the U.S. at age 15 and joined the OHL the next season. Not sure if the full family moved to the U.S. with him at the time.

In addition to English and Russian, he’s supposedly fluent in Italian as well. Wouldn’t be shocking with how many seasons his father played in Italian leagues while Alex Jr was growing up.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I hope he gets help. I have watched the video and he clearly has some issues that manifested itself that day.

While many are just listening to what he said, it is the way he said it, this was a Mel Gibson drunk rant but a guy begging for help0--as crazy as it sounds

Reactions: Czechboy

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
The 2012 NHL entry Draft

The dynamic Duo

Yakupov - Galchenyuk

🤣

hell of a top 4 when you also factor in Ryan Murray and Griffin Reinhart :laugh:

although I guess Reinhart wasn't a bust when you factor in that the Islanders managed to find someone to trade Barzal for him

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
In Russia, they can really drink.

Unless he suddenly goes stone cold sober he won't stand out at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad