Coyotes sign Ryan Dzingel and Peter DiLiberatore to PTO’S

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
This isn't bad news -- wouldn't be that surprised or disappointed if Dzingel made the team as the 4th line center or 13th forward. We really do need centers and imo Dzingel isn't terrible

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
This isn't bad news -- wouldn't be that surprised or disappointed if Dzingel made the team as the 4th line center or 13th forward. We really do need centers and imo Dzingel isn't terrible
He’s a winger. Never played center consistently in the NHL as far as I know. He’s got fewer faceoffs than games played. A center would generally have 10x more FOs than GP.

Boyd is a center, though. We’ve got Hayton, Cooley, McBain, Bjugstad and Boyd as centers. Five is a good number.

Tucson does need some, though.

Reactions: Jakey53

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I remember when Dzingel broke his fist on some guy’s face a few years back. But there is no place for him on this team nowadays and he’d likely just be an impediment in Tucson.

rt

May 13, 2004
I remember when Dzingel broke his fist on some guy’s face a few years back. But there is no place for him on this team nowadays and he’d likely just be an impediment in Tucson.
Agree.

2670E9E8-271A-4028-8E5B-A14F83EE868D.jpeg

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
He’s a winger. Never played center consistently in the NHL as far as I know. He’s got fewer faceoffs than games played. A center would generally have 10x more FOs than GP.

Boyd is a center, though. We’ve got Hayton, Cooley, McBain, Bjugstad and Boyd as centers. Five is a good number.

Tucson does need some, though.

No, he's definitely a center -- at least he played 3rd line C in Columbus (it might have been Ottawa actually) and then was a bottom six C with Carolina before he got sent down. If I recall correctly he switched off between center and wing when he played with us also depending what the roster was. Either way 4th line minutes for the last 5 years or so, there's a reason he's on a PTO.

Anyway, just looked at his faceoff stats I can't really explain why he doesn't take draws. Funny enough he took the most draws during his time with the Yotes, whatever.

Either way he's not an offensive guy, like you said he's definitely worse than Hayton, Cooley, Bjustad, Boyd (forgot about Bjugstad). But, he did score 20 goals a couple of times -- incl the very year right before the cutoff you made in your chart. Here's a more accurate one:

Screen Shot 2023-09-06 at 9.08.57 PM.png

Anyyway, 7th round pick, 31 years old, used to be good but hasn't been in a while, all of last year in the minors where he was also not good, though he had a serious back injury.

Either way absolutely no issues at all with giving this guy a PTO. If he's good enough to make the team as the 13th fwd maybe he can be another player whose career we can turn around. If not who cares all he takes up is a spot in training camp

rt

May 13, 2004
Reactions: Jakey53

LuckyNumber11

Jun 10, 2015
Valley of the Sun
Dzingel for Tucson I think would be great. Wouldn't be a bad guy to have in our back pocket if we are decimated by injuries at some point. Beats the hell out of Andy Miele as an emergency forward

Last edited:
Reactions: Summer Rose

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
An impediment to what? Doan, Raty, maybe Kelemen are the only forwards likely to be in Tucson who are significant prospects. Carcone might be the only stud veteran. As long as Dzingel isn't getting, like, PP1 time, what's he impeding?

Tucson lost Cracknell, Dea, Dauphin, probably Jenik ... another vet doesn't hurt.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Maybe he has an aunt and uncle who live in Phoenix and he was just gonna be here anyway? :dunno:
A body for training camp......best case he plays well and earns a spot in Tucson, but he's been healthy scratched nearly half the time in his AHL career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad