Confirmed with Link: Coyotes sign Logan Cooley to 3-year ELC ($995k cap hit, $4.45M AAV w/bonuses)

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I personally would love to see a line of Crouse - Cooley - Guenther.

The best lines in hockey stay together for years, all these guys are young, and if Cooley / Guenther have chemistry, maybe Guenther gets to 40G (or more) every year. My guess is Crouse would be physical enough to keep those other two guys safe (at least I hope so).

Keller - Hayton - Schmaltz
Crouse - Cooley - Guenther

Is more than a good enough top six. Esp with But on the way and guys like McBain / Zucker / Kerfoot who are well deserving of minutes (probably more than a typical bottom six would allow)
Zucker is playing top 6.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Zucker is playing top 6.

Of course he is. So is Maccelli. I was talking long term line combinations in my post. Based on the talent I wouldn't be surprised at all if long term we go with a top 9.

Would still love to see Crouse - Cooley - Guenther to see if that actually works

Reactions: Schemp and Heldig

bwhsocal

May 4, 2023
I personally would love to see a line of Crouse - Cooley - Guenther.

The best lines in hockey stay together for years, all these guys are young, and if Cooley / Guenther have chemistry, maybe Guenther gets to 40G (or more) every year. My guess is Crouse would be physical enough to keep those other two guys safe (at least I hope so).

Keller - Hayton - Schmaltz
Crouse - Cooley - Guenther

Is more than a good enough top six. Esp with But on the way and guys like McBain / Zucker / Kerfoot who are well deserving of minutes (probably more than a typical bottom six would allow)
Maybe down the road but two rookies (19 & 20) together, way too young. think zucker & Kerfoot - Zuck can score and kerfoot is strong on the D side. let cooley learn the NHL game, same for guenther but he did get 33 games to see the speed and challenges. Guenther w McBain & Carcone or Boyd to start off the year

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Maybe down the road but two rookies (19 & 20) together, way too young. think zucker & Kerfoot - Zuck can score and kerfoot is strong on the D side. let cooley learn the NHL game, same for guenther but he did get 33 games to see the speed and challenges. Guenther w McBain & Carcone or Boyd to start off the year
I was thinking in a year or two, a line like NYR Kakko/Lafreniere/Chytil, who are now 21,22,23...so X/Cooley/Guenther

Reactions: PainForShane

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I think Maccelli and Guenther are a perfect match for each other.
I think a big, mean, defensively responsible center would be a good fit with that pair.

For Cooley, I'd like to see him with a big sheriff on his line. Someone that can keep up with him and make sure he doesn't start something he can't finish. I think the best way to top off that line is with something sweet.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I think Maccelli and Guenther are a perfect match for each other.
I think a big, mean, defensively responsible center would be a good fit with that pair.

For Cooley, I'd like to see him with a big sheriff on his line. Someone that can keep up with him and make sure he doesn't start something he can't finish. I think the best way to top off that line is with something sweet.
Keller-Hayton-Schmaltz
Zucker-Cooley-Crouse
Maccelli-McBain-Guenther
Kerfoot-Bjugstad-Boyd

???

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Was Crouse or Maccelli playing RW last year while they were together, I can’t remember?
I thought Crouse but I always forget which wing was the offwing.

My only worry is a 2nd yr Maccelli w/ a 2nd year McBain and a 1.5yr Guenther. But Maccelli has been a professional player for several years, and McBain is 23 going on 33. So it might work.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Keller-Hayton-Schmaltz
Zucker-Cooley-Crouse
Maccelli-McBain-Guenther
Kerfoot-Bjugstad-Boyd

???
I do like these line combos, I just don’t think it’s what they will start with. They talked about both sheltering Cooley to start, and giving McBain more ice time possibly to see what he is really capable of with a bigger role. Which both make sense. Given that, I still think it will be something close to this…with maybe Maccelli/Zucker flipping wings depending on who prefers what side.

Keller-Hayton-Schmaltz
Maccelli-McBain-Zucker
Crouse-Cooley-Guenther
Kerfoot-Bjugstad-Boyd/Carcone

Let’s McBain get top 6 minutes…shelters Cooley and Guenther a bit and gives them some size to play with. They have a chance to be a dynamic duo for several years, might as well start them together and see how it goes. Lots of different ways to move guys up and down the lineup if someone is hurt/underperforming or playing really well and deserving of more time. The flexibility of this forward group is awesome and something I haven’t seen them have this much of in a long time.
I thought Crouse but I always forget which wing was the offwing.
Both lefties, same with Zucker, so I guess it’s really just who is the most comfortable playing that off side in the D zone with outlet passes and little things like that…

Half Clapper

Dec 1, 2017
The lines will most likely be juggled all year. I foresee Cooley playing in the bottom 6 to start, and maybe even some time in the AHL. A guy like Kerfoot will be playing more minutes than him. Until the kid learns to adjust to the NHL level I can't see him being rewarded a bunch of minutes right off the bat. Cooley still has a long way to go in terms of his defensive game.

I also see Carcone taking a step next year. He looked good at the world championships and I think is good enough to play an everyday role in the show.

Reactions: PainForShane

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
The lines will most likely be juggled all year. I foresee Cooley playing in the bottom 6 to start, and maybe even some time in the AHL. A guy like Kerfoot will be playing more minutes than him.

Agree to some extent, but don’t think he’ll see any AHL time unless something goes really unexpectedly wrong. He is getting paid up to almost 4.5 million in bonuses. I haven’t paid enough attention, has that been a regular thing for top prospects recently? Definitely doesn’t present an expectation of any AHL time to me…

Reactions: Jakey53

Half Clapper

Dec 1, 2017
Agree to some extent, but don’t think he’ll see any AHL time unless something goes really unexpectedly wrong. He is getting paid up to almost 4.5 million in bonuses. I haven’t paid enough attention, has that been a regular thing for top prospects recently? Definitely doesn’t present an expectation of any AHL to me…
It depends on how he does I guess. Having some time in the AHL is not a bad thing at all for a 19 year old kid.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
It depends on how he does I guess. Having some time in the AHL is not a bad thing at all for a 19 year old kid.

Not necessarily bad, no. It’s just all about the context and expectations for the player. In this case I don’t think there is any expectation at all that he will need AHL time or else he would have just stayed in college. So it would be a little disappointing to both him and the team if that were to happen. With a prospect like Maccelli or someone drafted much lower AHL time is more of an expectation and not disappointing at all

Reactions: Jakey53

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
My only worry is a 2nd yr Maccelli w/ a 2nd year McBain and a 1.5yr Guenther. But Maccelli has been a professional player for several years, and McBain is 23 going on 33. So it might work.
If that was a concern for Tourigny it could be remedied by switching McBain and Bjugstad. I'm a McBain fanboy though, so I'd have him higher in the lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad