Confirmed with Link: Coyotes sign Jan Jenik to a 1 year, 2-way contract

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
all he did was miss the rookie tournament. Nothing to see here. Still eligible for waivers this year so we may still yet lose him.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
We might still lose him, there might be some teams out there who want a pest to add to their bottom 6 and he might fit the bill.

If he could just take that next step and also cut down on taking penalties, he's supposed to draw more than he takes, but it's never been that way with Jenik. Hopefully he will take the next step, but more than likely he will get passed up by the likes of Doan, Raty or McCartney.

Reactions: Summer Rose

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Honestly, I doubt anyone's going to claim him. They could have offersheeted him without risking any picks before he signed and nobody bothered.
largely dependent upon how he plays and injuries but yep i think you are likely reading this correctly.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Put him in the lineup for a month, not two games. Give him a fair look.
Who is he taking a spot from though? If he can beat out Carcone/Boyd/O’Brien for a spot for multiple weeks, then great. If not, he’s basically dead weight at this point. Too many other good forward prospects coming…I think he’s as good as gone to be honest. It’s too bad he’s had a couple of bad injuries and C19 that hindered his development so much.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Put him in the lineup for a month, not two games. Give him a fair look.

I think he gets as fair a look as any of our other fringe forwards. If he produces and shows promise in camp, maybe he stays up and Doan stays in Tucson, but the way Doan is scoring and playing, Jenik would need to bring a level that he hasn't ever hit before.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I'm a big fan when he's not taking penalties...love his grit and way he plays...dude just needs to stop taking PIMs at the pro level and I'm sure he'd stick.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I think he gets as fair a look as any of our other fringe forwards. If he produces and shows promise in camp, maybe he stays up and Doan stays in Tucson, but the way Doan is scoring and playing, Jenik would need to bring a level that he hasn't ever hit before.
As usual, training camp will straighten everything out. Hope we see a couple of surprises, in a good way.

I'm a big fan when he's not taking penalties...love his grit and way he plays...dude just needs to stop taking PIMs at the pro level and I'm sure he'd stick.
Maybe he is taking penalties because the NHL game is still moving too fast for him?

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
I mean who knows what happens in training camp really? Last year we all went in thinking Nate Smith was a shoe in and Mcbain was Tucson bound and that didn’t happen at all. There’s a spot to be had if he can beat out Carcone, if he’s a real prospect that shouldn’t be that hard

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Thought it was a valid to request a trade by his party. He had a huge preseason last year and I was disappointed he didn't make the team, and doubly so that he didn't get call ups.

I hope that isn't the case this year. It seems like the roster is pretty full but I hope he understands that he needs to be a top performer in Tucson and that Zucker is only on a 1-year deal and will most likely be gone by end of February.

And while in glad he has another shot here because I'm still high on this player as a Comtois type, I think the biggest reason why in happy he is staying is that Doan will have more skill around him. The dream scenario is those two find chemistry and work their way up to the big league together. Nobody will like playing against their line, especially if McBANG is between them.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
I mean who knows what happens in training camp really? Last year we all went in thinking Nate Smith was a shoe in and Mcbain was Tucson bound and that didn’t happen at all. There’s a spot to be had if he can beat out Carcone, if he’s a real prospect that shouldn’t be that hard

I want to say I really like the first half of your post, but 100% disagree about Carcone -- Carcone scored 30G and 85 points in 65 GP last year, led team by 30+ points, offensively stats-wise no one else in Tucson was even close. If that translates and we end up with another decent offensive guy in our middle six that can only be a good thing. Of course Carcone is 27 (30 total NHL GP so far as an undrafted player), but if he can help our team then imo he probably should be on it.

Either way would love to see Jenik improving a bit then making the big club, imo a 4th line with him, McBain, LOB playing 7-10 mins a night would help make our team very hard to play against especially with all of the size we're building in the rest of our lineup

Reactions: Jakey53

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Fans pick a player with their heart, the organization with their brain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad