Recalled/Assigned: Coyotes recall Nick Merkley from Tucson

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
As always the question is, reward while Rinaldo is out or is he actually up? :popcorn:

Morgan seems to think he's up. He framed it in his "been expecting this one" way which means he totally could have hinted this to the fanbase but didn't bother. Yes, this will never stop annoying me.

Reactions: Yandover

Bandit34

Jul 23, 2007
HFBoards
We are probably going to see some interesting healthy scratches tomorrow.

Gotta imagine Merkley will play with Strome and Fischer. Big bodied power forward, Lawson Crouse, worked really well with those two so it makes sense that a similar player in Fischer would be a good surrogate.

Reactions: Mosby

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
We are probably going to see some interesting healthy scratches tomorrow.

Gotta imagine Merkley will play with Strome and Fischer. Big bodied power forward, Lawson Crouse, worked really well with those two so it makes sense that a similar player in Fischer would be a good surrogate.

I hope so, it's about time. RT hasn't really held anyone accountable for their play.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
If nothing else he's a right shot which might add something to the PP if he gets time there. Fischer is a right shot but he's usually screening. Stepan is a right shot but his shot goes about 30 MPH.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Keller Stepan Fischer
Domi Dvo Duclair
Perlini Strome Merkley
Martinook Richardson Rieder

That's my guess. Stepan will stay the #1, we know that and Fischer has been our best forward lately Imo.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Good luck Merkley!! I would also like to see that line of Merkley, Strome and Fischer... seems like a good idea. Also, I am curious about the scratches. I want to believe they would scratch different players... but a part of me gets sad and just bets it is Duclair again for whatever reason.

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
Is the thought Kujawinski and Tyanulin's mitigate Merkeley's absence?

I suspect Kujawinski was acquired as a center replacement as we only have two on the roster, MacInnis and Gaudet. The rest of the draws have been handled by committee.

Crouse hasn't scored a goal since November 18th, a week before Strome left. Bunting is the top LW currently.

Leighton is back in Tucson, guessing we're restoring the three way rotation as Langhamer went to Europe.

BigDoaner

Jun 2, 2015

In the thread to this tweet, Morin says that all lines were the same, no Merkely, even at practice.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Recalling Merkley isn't any sort of fix. We have too many young players as is.

I know we need to get them development time and some of them are too good for the AHL, but we had something like nine guys age 20 or under playing the other night. This isn't a world junior team.

We need a better mix. I'm just not sure how we get it. Do we just wait for these guys to develop into mid-20-somethings and suck in the mean time, or at some point do we need to make another Stepan-style trade where Chayka packages up a few pieces for a worthwhile vet?

These results are garbage. We've become the pre-McDavid Oilers.

Reactions: Bandit34

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Recalling Merkley isn't any sort of fix. We have too many young players as is.

I know we need to get them development time and some of them are too good for the AHL, but we had something like nine guys age 20 or under playing the other night. This isn't a world junior team.

We need a better mix. I'm just not sure how we get it. Do we just wait for these guys to develop into mid-20-somethings and suck in the mean time, or at some point do we need to make another Stepan-style trade where Chayka packages up a few pieces for a worthwhile vet?

These results are garbage. We've become the pre-McDavid Oilers.

I dunno Mos..... at this point it’s not really going to hurt things if they put him with Strome and see if some of that AHL chemistry will click up with the big club. They can send both back down if need be once Rinaldo gets over his illness.

Reactions: Jakey53 and RemoAZ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad