Confirmed with Link: Coyotes claim Adam Ruzicka [CGY] off waivers. (UPD: On waivers pending contract termination

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Flames fans seem polarized. Apparently had a concussion this year but last year was putting up a good pace until Darryl Sutter sent him to the minors.

Some fans think he’s been mismanaged, others thing he’s just a low motor tweener.

Once Hayton comes back I’m not sure where he fits down the middle

Hayton
Bjugstad
Kerfoot
Cooley
Mcbain
Ruzicka

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Flames fans seem polarized. Apparently had a concussion this year but last year was putting up a good pace until Darryl Sutter sent him to the minors.

Some fans think he’s been mismanaged, others thing he’s just a low motor tweener.

Hayton
Bjugstad
Kerfoot
Cooley
Mcbain
Ruzicka

Cap Friendly has him as an RFA next year. Minimum contract.

Who knows?? Maybe Bear can whip him into something??

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Cap Friendly has him as an RFA next year. Minimum contract.

Who knows?? Maybe Bear can whip him into something??
Never seen this kid play, but he has similar stats to Hayton, with the edge going to Hayton, as it should, having one being drafted 5OA and the other 109th. Could be for Tucson. Or BA realizes our C talent sucks, and is trying to find a needle in a haystack. Not sure what BA sees in him, but BA knows talent.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
He had a really nice moments under Sutter last season but that tool dropped him down the line or benched him for even a small mistake.

Huska this season- I really think he mismanaged him, he is not a prototype 4th line sandpaper where Huska played him most of the time.

He played with scrubs like Dube, Duehr...both not in the nhl now.

He also got a bad injury vs Rangers that looked like a concussion and he was rushed back- IMO.

Anyways, if you cuddle this bear, show him some love when he doesn't do well, you have a really decent player on free on your hands.

Good luck Adam and thanks, will keep an eye on your next trajectory.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Never seen this kid play, but he has similar stats to Hayton, with the edge going to Hayton, as it should, having one being drafted 5OA and the other 109th. Could be for Tucson. Or BA realizes our C talent sucks, and is trying to find a needle in a haystack. Not sure what BA sees in him, but BA knows talent.
I doubt this is for Tucson as of January 25th.

He'll get a fair look while guys make their way back. If anything, it could push LOB out of the lineup, which could be a win in itself.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
He can also play wing. What I think he needs is ice time.

His playing style is a bit like Viktor Kozlov (style alone). He’s big , but not physical, but he’s a good playmaker.

I think he does better on wing than at center…

Reactions: joescores

joescores

Mar 21, 2011

Hayton
Bjugstad
Kerfoot
Cooley
Mcbain
Ruzicka
Nah, was not sent down last season. Benched/injured,had 20 pts in 44 games in a goal starving system.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
People seem really focused on him being listed as a center. His career Face-offs taken per game indicate that he’s never played center in the NHL with any kind of regularity. Essentially, not at all, based on that metric. I don’t think many wingers make the switch to center for the first time AFTER being waived. That would be quite a unicorn.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Seems like an upgrade on all of Keleman, Sanford and Kirkland. Plus, he can step in and successfully take a draw.

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB

Hayton
Bjugstad
Kerfoot
Cooley
Mcbain
Ruzicka

The concussion could be slowing him down but he's always been a low motor guy who doesn't care enough. It was the knock on him when he was drafted and he hasn't changed much. Not consistent enough for the top 6 and not enough energy and grit for the bottom 6 despite his size.

I think he needed more time with Darryl or a coach like him for him to maximize his talent.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
But he doesn’t take hardly any faceoffs at all. And he loses most of them.
It's not much, but he was 47.7 last year and 48.4 this year. He was 5th and 4th on the Flames for FO taken. His FO% is better than everyone but Bjugstad. That's not a bad skill to have and probably makes him more valuable than Keleman and Sanford as a warm body.

Reactions: Jakey53

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
It's not much, but he was 47.7 last year and 48.4 this year. He was 5th and 4th on the Flames for FO taken. His FO% is better than everyone but Bjugstad. That's not a bad skill to have and probably makes him more valuable than Keleman and Sanford as a warm body.
All fair. Maybe just needs opportunity and reps.

Reactions: Jakey53

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad